University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Nitin AgarwalIn 2003, Nitin Agarwal moved to Arizona from New Delhi.
His goal was to obtain a doctorate in computer science from Arizona State University. After achieving that, he got a faculty job in the Information Science Department at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
"That area was really growing fast in UALR," he said. "The focus of the Information
Science Department was on Web science. That happened to be my expertise."
Agarwal said he had always been attracted to research and wasn't able to find viable opportunities in his home country, so he looked toward the U.S.
"I would certainly want to contribute to this area as much as I can," he said. "I think the opportunities are endless for me here, especially when you know information is bound to grow."
Agarwal is fascinated with social media trends and lends his insight to local and national businesses.
"You have seen the way social media has grown, changing the way we communicate, and how social media has affected almost every aspect of life: political campaigns, reforms in the Middle East and Africa and, more recently, Occupy Wall Street," he said.
Agarwal said he was glad to move away from the desert climate of Arizona.
"I love this place," he said. "I think, at least for a few more years, I will be here."
- John James Wants to Turn Old Post Office into Startup Hub
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Courtyard by Marriott to Open Along Highway 49 in Jonesboro 14 hours ago
- Jeff Amerine: 'Open Innovation' Model Can Work for Entire State 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Closes on Land for New Fayetteville Store (NWA Real Deals) 5 days ago
- Governor Signs Bill for $87M Lockheed Martin Incentive 12 hours ago
- Someone's Son Is Dead (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 5 days ago