University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Nitin AgarwalIn 2003, Nitin Agarwal moved to Arizona from New Delhi.
His goal was to obtain a doctorate in computer science from Arizona State University. After achieving that, he got a faculty job in the Information Science Department at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
"That area was really growing fast in UALR," he said. "The focus of the Information
Science Department was on Web science. That happened to be my expertise."
Agarwal said he had always been attracted to research and wasn't able to find viable opportunities in his home country, so he looked toward the U.S.
"I would certainly want to contribute to this area as much as I can," he said. "I think the opportunities are endless for me here, especially when you know information is bound to grow."
Agarwal is fascinated with social media trends and lends his insight to local and national businesses.
"You have seen the way social media has grown, changing the way we communicate, and how social media has affected almost every aspect of life: political campaigns, reforms in the Middle East and Africa and, more recently, Occupy Wall Street," he said.
Agarwal said he was glad to move away from the desert climate of Arizona.
"I love this place," he said. "I think, at least for a few more years, I will be here."
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Rosewood Brings Retro Style to Hearses 5 days ago
- Update: Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016, Join GenWealth 3 days ago
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 5 days ago
- Lawsuit Postponed as Hot Springs Developer Goes Bankrupt 5 days ago
- Update: Tech Park, Richard Mays Settle on Price 2 days ago