University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Nitin AgarwalIn 2003, Nitin Agarwal moved to Arizona from New Delhi.
His goal was to obtain a doctorate in computer science from Arizona State University. After achieving that, he got a faculty job in the Information Science Department at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
"That area was really growing fast in UALR," he said. "The focus of the Information
Science Department was on Web science. That happened to be my expertise."
Agarwal said he had always been attracted to research and wasn't able to find viable opportunities in his home country, so he looked toward the U.S.
"I would certainly want to contribute to this area as much as I can," he said. "I think the opportunities are endless for me here, especially when you know information is bound to grow."
Agarwal is fascinated with social media trends and lends his insight to local and national businesses.
"You have seen the way social media has grown, changing the way we communicate, and how social media has affected almost every aspect of life: political campaigns, reforms in the Middle East and Africa and, more recently, Occupy Wall Street," he said.
Agarwal said he was glad to move away from the desert climate of Arizona.
"I love this place," he said. "I think, at least for a few more years, I will be here."
- Communications Sales & Leasing is Trading Now
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Warren Stephens Bets on Startup Roadie Shipping Network 2 days ago
- Conway Startup Grainster's Boasts Wildly Optimistic Projections 2 days ago
- Airports Do the Low-Cost Airline Tango 2 days ago
- Fouling a National River Is Bad for Business (Vic Snyder & Ed Bethune Commentary) 2 days ago
- Tyson Foods to Cut Human Antibiotics From US Chickens by 2017 3 hours ago