Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Little Rock and Kigali, Rwanda
Anna ReedFulfilling a desire to stay connected to home while helping people across the world, Anna Reed spends most of her time in central Africa.
She is a program director for Bridge2Rwanda, an organization headquartered in Little Rock that develops economic and educational opportunities for Rwandans.
Reed diverted in 2009 from her initial career. The Marianna native graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2004 with a bachelor’s degree in communication disorders and from the University of South Carolina in 2006 with a master’s in speech pathology. She then worked as a speech pathologist at Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
She said she changed paths after meeting B2R’s CEO, Dale Dawson and was inspired to join in the “whole global impact, while bringing a global perspective to the people around me in my state.”
Reed helped start and now manages the B2R Training Center in Kigali, Rwanda. The center helps top Rwandan students prepare for and apply to colleges and graduate schools outside their country, with a goal of equipping them to return and improve education in Rwanda. Reed also works out of Little Rock, coordinating the Rwanda program, mainly with American schools.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 3 hours ago
- State Board Votes to Take Over Little Rock School District 3 hours ago
- Innovate Arkansas Bringing Iron Yard Coding School to Little Rock 2 days ago
- Arkansas Senate Panel Advances Plan for Medicaid Compromise 20 hours ago
- Who Owns Customer Service? (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 3 days ago