A Southern Tradition
Jessica ZimmermanGrowing up in Conway, Jessica Zimmerman enjoyed being the friend who handled all the arrangements for parties and events.
While attending the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Zimmerman decided on a career as an event planner.
But after graduating in 2005 with a degree in communication, Zimmerman couldn’t find a job in that field. So she went to work for a small business in Conway to learn about everything from advertising to vendors in order to prepare to run her own business.
After three years of working at the small company, Zimmerman was approached by the owner of A Southern Tradition in Conway. The owner said that if Zimmerman came to work for her for a year, Zimmerman could buy the business. Zimmerman took the offer, and on Jan. 1, she became its owner.
With four employees, A Southern Tradition plans weddings and corporate events of all sizes and rents equipment as small as one table.
Zimmerman is a member of the Conway Chamber of Commerce. Her company also has donated at least $10,000 in money, fresh floral designs and rentals to more than 25 charities in 2011.
She said an inner drive gives her the will to succeed.
“I have big hopes and big dreams” for this company, Zimmerman said.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Maria Markham Recommended as New Director of Department of Higher Education 24 hours ago
- Little Rock Doctor Robert Barrow Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison 2 days ago
- Online Banking Rises in Use, but Arkansas Branches Remain Important 3 days ago
- Baptist Health Sets Opening In Conway 3 days ago
- Arkansas Pharmacists Name Kendrea Jones Academy President 1 week ago