A Southern Tradition
Jessica ZimmermanGrowing up in Conway, Jessica Zimmerman enjoyed being the friend who handled all the arrangements for parties and events.
While attending the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Zimmerman decided on a career as an event planner.
But after graduating in 2005 with a degree in communication, Zimmerman couldn’t find a job in that field. So she went to work for a small business in Conway to learn about everything from advertising to vendors in order to prepare to run her own business.
After three years of working at the small company, Zimmerman was approached by the owner of A Southern Tradition in Conway. The owner said that if Zimmerman came to work for her for a year, Zimmerman could buy the business. Zimmerman took the offer, and on Jan. 1, she became its owner.
With four employees, A Southern Tradition plans weddings and corporate events of all sizes and rents equipment as small as one table.
Zimmerman is a member of the Conway Chamber of Commerce. Her company also has donated at least $10,000 in money, fresh floral designs and rentals to more than 25 charities in 2011.
She said an inner drive gives her the will to succeed.
“I have big hopes and big dreams” for this company, Zimmerman said.
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Report: US Truckers Generated Record $700B in Revenue Last Year
- Acxiom Corp. Sells IT Business for $190M, Previews 4Q Earnings 5 days ago
- Epoch Men's Clinic Expanding in Arkansas 1 week ago
- Asa Hutchinson Proposes $87M Bond Package for Lockheed Martin 4 days ago
- Lindsey Co. Faces Changing Market as Golf Course Demand Drops 12 months ago
- IABC Plans 'New Media' Workshop 1 week ago