A Southern Tradition
Jessica ZimmermanGrowing up in Conway, Jessica Zimmerman enjoyed being the friend who handled all the arrangements for parties and events.
While attending the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Zimmerman decided on a career as an event planner.
But after graduating in 2005 with a degree in communication, Zimmerman couldn’t find a job in that field. So she went to work for a small business in Conway to learn about everything from advertising to vendors in order to prepare to run her own business.
After three years of working at the small company, Zimmerman was approached by the owner of A Southern Tradition in Conway. The owner said that if Zimmerman came to work for her for a year, Zimmerman could buy the business. Zimmerman took the offer, and on Jan. 1, she became its owner.
With four employees, A Southern Tradition plans weddings and corporate events of all sizes and rents equipment as small as one table.
Zimmerman is a member of the Conway Chamber of Commerce. Her company also has donated at least $10,000 in money, fresh floral designs and rentals to more than 25 charities in 2011.
She said an inner drive gives her the will to succeed.
“I have big hopes and big dreams” for this company, Zimmerman said.
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy
- Wall Street Journal Goes Inside Tyson Foods' China Chicken Farms
- In El Dorado, Murphy to Open 1,200th Gas Station
- Citizens Bank Puts Phil Baldwin To Work On Growth 2 days ago
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy 3 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks To Buy Texas Bank for $23 Million 22 hours ago
- Siloam Springs Gets Downtown Jumpin' Again (Main Street Preservation | Winner, Between 5,000-20,000) 2 days ago
- General Contractor VCC Sees Growth in Northwest Arkansas, Opens Fayetteville Office 2 days ago