A Southern Tradition
Jessica ZimmermanGrowing up in Conway, Jessica Zimmerman enjoyed being the friend who handled all the arrangements for parties and events.
While attending the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Zimmerman decided on a career as an event planner.
But after graduating in 2005 with a degree in communication, Zimmerman couldn’t find a job in that field. So she went to work for a small business in Conway to learn about everything from advertising to vendors in order to prepare to run her own business.
After three years of working at the small company, Zimmerman was approached by the owner of A Southern Tradition in Conway. The owner said that if Zimmerman came to work for her for a year, Zimmerman could buy the business. Zimmerman took the offer, and on Jan. 1, she became its owner.
With four employees, A Southern Tradition plans weddings and corporate events of all sizes and rents equipment as small as one table.
Zimmerman is a member of the Conway Chamber of Commerce. Her company also has donated at least $10,000 in money, fresh floral designs and rentals to more than 25 charities in 2011.
She said an inner drive gives her the will to succeed.
“I have big hopes and big dreams” for this company, Zimmerman said.
- Arkansas Times: Sources Say Martha Shoffner Source Is Steele Stephens
- Questions About Martha Shoffner's Arrest That Should Be Answered Monday
- Video: What We Know About the Arrest of Martha Shoffner
- Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner Resigns Amid Charges She Took Cash 3 hours ago
- Update: Complaint Says Martha Shoffner Accepted $6,000 Payment from Broker 1 day ago
- Remington Plans $32 Million Expansion of Lonoke Ammunition Plant 11 hours ago
- House GOP Leader Bruce Westerman Calls for Martha Shoffner's Removal 10 hours ago
- Texarkana's Truman Arnold Cos. Off Largest Private Companies List After Execs Move to Dallas 2 days ago