Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Blayne SharpeFormer commercial banker Blayne Sharpe didn’t plan to leave Arkansas, but his career keeps him mostly in Rwanda now.
As a managing director of Little Rock nonprofit Bridge2Rwanda, Sharpe divides his time between Arkansas and Africa. B2R develops economic and educational opportunities for Rwandans.
Sharpe, 28, is a native of Charleston (Franklin County). He graduated in 2008 from the University of Central Arkansas in Conway with a bachelor’s in business administration. After college, he took a management job with Simmons First National Bank in North Little Rock.
Meeting B2R CEO Dale Dawson and other Arkansans engaging in business in Rwanda rerouted Sharpe’s career in 2009.
“I felt confident, because of the mentors that I was going to get to work with, I wasn’t going to sacrifice anything professional development-wise by leaving the corporate world,” Sharpe said. “I was still going to be moving forward, while getting to serve this mission, which I’d learned to believe in.”
Sharpe has helped the organization launch the B2R Training Center, which offers Rwandan students test preparation classes and financial analysis training; the B2R Scholars Program, which helps top students to compete for scholarships and prepare to achieve in college programs abroad; and B2R Accounting Services, which provides accounting assistance for new businesses in Rwanda.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Newly Renamed Anstaff Bank Plans Growth 3 days ago
- Arkansas Panel Rejects Removing Robert E. Lee from Martin Luther King Holiday 11 hours ago
- Ron Maxwell Named Deputy Tourism Director For State Parks 15 hours ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 10 months ago
- Innovate Arkansas Bringing Iron Yard Coding School to Little Rock 2 days ago