Public Affairs Liaison
Arkansas Attorney General Office
Zac BradleyZac Bradley's first interest in public service came while he was in eighth grade in the Little Rock School District.
"Bill Clinton was running in his re-election campaign in 1996," Bradley said. "He talked about building a bridge to the 21st century. A lot of the tenets of that campaign hit home with me."
Bradley said he looked up to Clinton as a North Star in his life, and that determination led him to Yale University, from which he graduated in 2006 with a degree in political science. As many of his classmates headed for Wall Street, Bradley said he looked back at Arkansas. He ended up serving as a legislative correspondent for Sen. Mark Pryor in Washington, D.C., returning to Little Rock when he learned his father, Larry Bradley, had cancer.
"It immediately put my personal professional life on hold," he said. Bradley took over his father's business, the Pit Stop Bar & Grill in Little Rock. This, he said, was both the best and worst time in his life.
"I learned a lot about running a business," he said. "Probably the most important things I learned were skills in customer service. Those are skills I still lean on in work."
When his father died, Bradley decided to sell the bar to a family member and return to public service. He volunteered at the local Democratic Party headquarters, quickly working his way to his current position as a public affairs liaison in Attorney General Dustin McDaniel's office. He's happy there, but he said that if he felt his talents could be better used in an elected position, he "wouldn't rule anything out."
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Rejecting Amazon, Little Rock Launches New Campaign 3 days ago
- City Mayor Among Group Buying Jacksonville Physical Therapy Office 4 days ago
- SPONSORED: Arkansas Is Open for Business, But Are We Ready? 6 days ago
- Economist: Recovery in 'Top of The Ninth Inning" 2 days ago
- Majestic Death Looms Over Spa City 6 days ago