Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Commercial Loan Officer
Simmons First National Bank
Michael IrvinMichael Irvin thought his career in commercial real estate was off and running in 2007 when he returned home to Dallas after college to work with Partners National Real Estate.
But two years later, a phone call from Arkansas prompted a change of plan.
Tommy May, chairman and CEO of Pine Bluff’s Simmons First National Corp., asked Irvin, grandson of longtime director Dr. Harry Ryburn, to come back to the banking company as a commercial lending trainee.
Irvin had enjoyed an internship with Simmons First while working on his bachelor’s degree in finance and real estate from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.
He decided to resign from his position as a researcher and commercial real estate broker to accept the offer to become a banker. Irvin moved to Little Rock in August 2009 and completed the 18-month training program.
“You get to learn about a bunch of different industries and learn about a lot of different businesses,” Irvin said. “That is something I really enjoy.”
In the fall of 2011, he was elected to the board of directors at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas and currently serves on the finance committee.
This year, Irvin was the chairman of the group’s annual Bowl for Kids’ Sake event and served as the campaign coordinator for the annual United Way campaign at Simmons First.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Newly Renamed Anstaff Bank Plans Growth 3 days ago
- Arkansas Panel Rejects Removing Robert E. Lee from Martin Luther King Holiday 13 hours ago
- Ron Maxwell Named Deputy Tourism Director For State Parks 17 hours ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 10 months ago
- Innovate Arkansas Bringing Iron Yard Coding School to Little Rock 2 days ago