Central Market President
Eagle Bank & Trust
Joe Dunn was working at Home Depot, thinking about going to law school and looking for a job in broadcast journalism, when a wild card was tossed his way: A fellow church member offered him a job lending money.
“I laughed at her, and asked ‘Why in the world do you want to hire me?’” said Dunn, who grew up in Bradford (White County).
His people skills are what caught the church-goer’s attention and started Dunn’s career in May 2001 with Metropolitan National Bank, working in consumer lending and later in small-business lending.
Dunn joined First Security Bank in 2005 as a commercial loan officer and was later wooed away to oversee the development and operation of a Beebe branch for Simmons First Bank in 2006.
He moved to Eagle Bank & Trust in 2008 as a commercial loan officer and started moving up the ladder, winning a promotion to chief lending officer in 2011 and market president in 2013.
Dunn graduated with a bachelor’s degree in communications from Pensacola (Fla.) Christian College in December 2000.
His civic work includes serving on the boards of the Little Rock YMCA and Next Generation of Young Professionals, an affiliate of the North Little Rock Chamber of Commerce.
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Reports: APEX Tool to Close Springdale Plant That Employs 250
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- Bruce Oakley To Give Turner Grain Money To Judge 2 days ago
- Windstream Holdings COO Brent Whittington to Resign 18 hours ago
- NLR Woman Pleads Guilty to $1M Payroll Fraud 16 hours ago
- Clinton National Airport Reveals $20M Concourse Renovation Plans 17 hours ago
- Sources: Turner Grain Appears Headed to Bankruptcy, Losses in Millions 4 days ago