Bank of the Ozarks
North Little Rock
John Jenkins flirted with a career in commercial real estate in Shreveport, where he worked while attending college. An opportunity in banking brought him to Arkansas instead.
Jenkins entered the Little Rock banking scene in 2001 as a management trainee at Regions Bank, where he ultimately managed a $100 million commercial real estate loan portfolio.
He joined First Security Bank four years later, serving as senior vice president of commercial and real estate loans. In 2009, he moved into the same role at Bank of the Ozarks.
Jenkins was named president of the bank’s North Little Rock market in June 2011. He remains part of the company’s due diligence team, reviewing potential acquisitions of both troubled and healthy lenders.
“A lot of good bankers have helped me along the way,” said Jenkins, who grew up in Shreveport, where he graduated in 2001 with a bachelor’s degree in finance from Louisiana State University.
Jenkins is a graduate of Leadership Greater Little Rock Class XXV and a member of the City of Sherwood Retirement Committee. He is a former member of the Argenta Community Development Corp. board of directors.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Stacey Schwartz Resigns as CEO of World Services for the Blind 5 hours ago
- Cody Metheny Parents: Hands Tied, Cannot Pay $2.1M Judgment 17 hours ago
- West Little Rock Retail Rings Up $4.5M Purchase (Real Deals) 17 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- John Roberts Elected to Board of Fed's Eighth District 5 hours ago