Friday Eldredge & Clark
Robert Smith joined Friday Eldredge & Clark in 1999 and became a partner in its mergers and acquisitions practice group in 2007. He’s spent the entirety of his practicing career at the firm.
“We have a really good group and we rely on each other quite a bit,” Smith said.
He has represented clients including Dillard’s Inc., Southern Bancorp and the Arkansas Development Finance Authority, and negotiated deals such as the sale of Harris Hospital in Newport to Community Health Systems and the 2007 sale of Pulaski Bank to IberiaBank.
He’s also been involved with capital fundraising for startups like PrivacyStar, the smartphone app developer in Conway, and U.S. Health Record Inc. of Fayetteville. A representative with the Arkansas Venture Capital Investment Trust, he has helped negotiate and structure matching entrepreneurial investments.
Smith has served as chairman of the Tax Section of the Arkansas Bar Association and as two-time chair of the Federal Tax Institute Committee of the Arkansas Society of CPAs. He serves on the board of directors of the Greater Arkansas Chapter of the JDRF and is a member of the Arkansas Heart Association corporate committee.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 16 hours ago
- Sweet: ‘A Pure Arkansas-Flavored Investment' for Arkansas Teachers Retirement System 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 3 days ago
- Talk Radio on Hold Against Low Ratings, Changing Audience 6 months ago