Danny W. Brown
Executive Vice President and General Manager
Planters Cotton Oil Mill Inc.
Danny W. BrownOnly 33, Danny W. Brown has presided over some of the biggest changes in the history of Planters Cotton Oil Mill.
Having joined Planters in 1990 as assistant to the general manger after a stint with the accounting firm of Ernst & Young in Tulsa, Brown was promoted to EVP in 1997.
In 1998, he organized the acquisition of the company’s largest competitor, Cargill Cotton Seed Division. Planters is the only remaining cottonseed oil mill in Arkansas and the second largest in the country. He’s increased business volume by 43 percent and last year the company posted revenue of $85 million.
When he took over leadership of cooperative-owned Planters, there were 29 gin members. Now there are 61. And its been ranked as the most efficient mill in the nation.
Brown, who says “character and integrity come before making money,” is a deacon at First Assembly of God in Pine Bluff and is a member of the board of the Pine Bluff Chamber of Commerce. He’s a member of the Leadership Pine Bluff class and one of 10 selected for the leadership class of the National Cotton Council.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Soul of the South Investors Battle over KMYA License 2 days ago
- Structural Failure (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- With Dazzling Gem, Steve Landers Sr. Stays In the Running 2 days ago
- Phyzit Puts App On Athenahealth Marketplace, Adds Greg Bledsoe As Adviser 2 days ago
- Designer Jamie Davidson's Strong Suit? Vision 2 days ago