Danny W. Brown
Executive Vice President and General Manager
Planters Cotton Oil Mill Inc.
Danny W. BrownOnly 33, Danny W. Brown has presided over some of the biggest changes in the history of Planters Cotton Oil Mill.
Having joined Planters in 1990 as assistant to the general manger after a stint with the accounting firm of Ernst & Young in Tulsa, Brown was promoted to EVP in 1997.
In 1998, he organized the acquisition of the company’s largest competitor, Cargill Cotton Seed Division. Planters is the only remaining cottonseed oil mill in Arkansas and the second largest in the country. He’s increased business volume by 43 percent and last year the company posted revenue of $85 million.
When he took over leadership of cooperative-owned Planters, there were 29 gin members. Now there are 61. And its been ranked as the most efficient mill in the nation.
Brown, who says “character and integrity come before making money,” is a deacon at First Assembly of God in Pine Bluff and is a member of the board of the Pine Bluff Chamber of Commerce. He’s a member of the Leadership Pine Bluff class and one of 10 selected for the leadership class of the National Cotton Council.
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Angelica Rogers Hit With $15.6M Consent Judgment 1 day ago
- Weyerhaeuser Launches $190M Dierks Sawmill Project 1 day ago
- Bank of Fayetteville Sale Registers 1.34x Book 1 day ago
- Aubra Anthony: Sale of Anthony Forest Products Best for Family 1 day ago
- Still No Answers in Turner Grain Collapse 1 day ago