Danny W. Brown
Executive Vice President and General Manager
Planters Cotton Oil Mill Inc.
Danny W. BrownOnly 33, Danny W. Brown has presided over some of the biggest changes in the history of Planters Cotton Oil Mill.
Having joined Planters in 1990 as assistant to the general manger after a stint with the accounting firm of Ernst & Young in Tulsa, Brown was promoted to EVP in 1997.
In 1998, he organized the acquisition of the company’s largest competitor, Cargill Cotton Seed Division. Planters is the only remaining cottonseed oil mill in Arkansas and the second largest in the country. He’s increased business volume by 43 percent and last year the company posted revenue of $85 million.
When he took over leadership of cooperative-owned Planters, there were 29 gin members. Now there are 61. And its been ranked as the most efficient mill in the nation.
Brown, who says “character and integrity come before making money,” is a deacon at First Assembly of God in Pine Bluff and is a member of the board of the Pine Bluff Chamber of Commerce. He’s a member of the Leadership Pine Bluff class and one of 10 selected for the leadership class of the National Cotton Council.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 21 hours ago
- What Commuters Can Expect When the Broadway Bridge Closes Wednesday 1 day ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 3 days ago
- UAMS Cures RxResults' One-Sided Contract 3 days ago
- Solar Power On the Rise in Arkansas 3 days ago