Rachel Hope Arnold
Hudson Cisne & Co.
Rachel Hope Arnold
Rachel Arnold graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2010 and earned her master’s degree in accounting the next year. She then joined Hudson Cisne & Co. as a staff accountant. After only two years, she was promoted to senior accountant. A co-worker, in nominating Arnold, praised her integrity and work ethic, describing her as “a leader within our organization.”
Arnold herself is proud of her promotion, calling it “a big accomplishment.” And, as an active member of the Arkansas Society of CPAs, Arnold is serving on the soci- ety’s Emerging CPAs Committee.
Arnold also devotes her energy to community efforts. Her work with the Society of CPAs led her to volunteer to speak at career development day at Joe T. Robinson Middle School, helping potential accountants learn a little more about the profession. Arnold also was finance chair for the first Rock the Runway event, held in June. The event was a kick-off for a partnership between the UAMS Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute and the Little Rock nonprofit Fighting Fancy, and money raised at the event supports services for women fighting cancer.
Arnold says she loves her work, which exposes her to all kinds of businesses in all kinds of industries. “I think right now I’m getting such a great experience to learn about a lot of different businesses around the community,” she says. “And I’m really just excited to see where public accounting takes me.”
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- JB Hunt Buys Special Logistics Dedicated LLC for $136M 3 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Making Its Mark as Bank of the Nation 12 hours ago
- Dispute Over Taxes Tears Family Apart 12 hours ago
- Stone Bank Expanding West Little Rock Location 12 hours ago
- Breathtaking Hypocrisy (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 12 hours ago