Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
College Republican National Committee
Skot Covert, born at Clarksville and raised in Ozark, missed so many days of high school as a volunteer in Asa Hutchinson’s 2006 campaign for governor that his parents were threatened with prosecution for his truancy.
Seven years later, and with a degree in emergency management from Arkansas Tech University in hand, Covert’s interest in politics has brought him to national attention. He now travels four days a week as co-chair of the College Republican National Committee, making speeches “mostly to other college Republicans, young people or a state party interested in what they need to do to move
forward with young voters.”
Covert’s family is not politically connected, he said. His activism sprang from a lifelong interest in current events. “Watching the news, reading the paper — you just find yourself exploring the options, and I just found myself siding with the Republicans.”
He honed his skills during two terms as chairman of the Arkansas Federation of College Republicans.
Covert left a job in state government when he was elected to the CRNC position, which is virtually a full-time job although he does not draw a salary. On the side, he does some freelance consulting on social media and digital campaigning because Republicans, he said, “have not utilized technology the way we should.”
In 2012, he managed Bill Gossage’s successful campaign for state representative in District 82 in Madison, Franklin and Crawford counties.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 2 days ago
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Looks to Next Generation, Plans for Future 2 days ago
- Ross Cranford on the Current 'Revolutionary' Climate in Advertising & Marketing 2 days ago
- Magellan Pipeline Seeks Eminent Domain on Slice of Property 2 days ago
- Good Luck With That (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago