Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Wright Lindsey & Jennings
9/11 was a triggering event for Antwan Phillips.
At the time of the attack in 2001, Phillips was a teenager living on his own. “I really didn’t understand the implication of what happened,” said
Phillips. “I basically said to myself, ‘You need to get with the program.’” The Little Rock native then went to Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine, where he received a degree in government and legal studies. He didn’t have a goal to be an attorney, but he decided to continue his education at the Bowen School of Law at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock because “I just wanted to keep learning.”
By the time he graduated, he changed his mind about being an attorney and was hired at Little Rock law firm Wright Lindsey & Jennings. His practice areas include the defense of dental malpractice cases and sports law.
Away from the office, Phillips spends his time helping youth. Since 2000, he’s been involved with Arkansas Commitment, a nonprofit mentoring program for black high school students in central Arkansas — first as a student, now as a mentor. And since 2010, Phillips has served in various roles for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas, where his term of president begins in October.
“I’m a Christian, and I think God has called everyone to a certain role in life,” Phillips said. “I truly believe that part of my calling” is to help others reach their goals.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 6 hours ago
- State Board Votes to Take Over Little Rock School District 5 hours ago
- Murphy Oil Net Income Skyrockets in 4Q 21 hours ago
- Arkansas Higher Education Department to Interview Final 3 Candidates for Director 5 hours ago
- Innovate Arkansas Bringing Iron Yard Coding School to Little Rock 2 days ago