Chief Executive Officer
Arkansas Specialty Care Centers P.A.
Alicia CooperAs CEO of a 10-location, 22-physician medical practice, Alicia Cooper is responsible for negotiating contracts between her doctors and managed care companies.
“It’s one of those things that I’m sure there’s a disorder named after. I really enjoy it, and most people hate it,” said Cooper, who turned 35 on Sunday.
Cooper joined Arkansas Specialty Care Center in April. She was previously executive director of St. Vincent Physician Hospital Organization, which negotiates contracts between St.Vincent Infirmary and physicians.
Originally from Fountain Hill (Ashley County), Cooper is a registered nurse and has a master’s degree in counseling psychology from the University of Central Arkansas. She has worked in the health care industry since 1985.
At ASCC, Cooper said she wants “to help this group realize what they’ve put together and what they can achieve in the marketplace as a group.” Specifically, she’d like to expand the group into a multispecialty organization.
Since being named CEO, she has centralized corporate services for the group’s 150 employees, including human resources, benefits and financial posting. Taking those functions into a single back-office operation has given the individual clinics more autonomy to concentrate on patient care, she said.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Arkansas Convention Center Troubles Dog Texarkana Investor 20 hours ago
- After Oh Baby Sale, It's Back to Basics for Fran Free 20 hours ago
- Gateway Town Center Tracts Top $10.4M (Real Deals) 20 hours ago
- Arkansas Insurance Department Puts Out Feelers on New Space 20 hours ago
- Steve Landers Sr. Stays In the Running 20 hours ago