Chief Executive Officer
Arkansas Specialty Care Centers P.A.
Alicia CooperAs CEO of a 10-location, 22-physician medical practice, Alicia Cooper is responsible for negotiating contracts between her doctors and managed care companies.
“It’s one of those things that I’m sure there’s a disorder named after. I really enjoy it, and most people hate it,” said Cooper, who turned 35 on Sunday.
Cooper joined Arkansas Specialty Care Center in April. She was previously executive director of St. Vincent Physician Hospital Organization, which negotiates contracts between St.Vincent Infirmary and physicians.
Originally from Fountain Hill (Ashley County), Cooper is a registered nurse and has a master’s degree in counseling psychology from the University of Central Arkansas. She has worked in the health care industry since 1985.
At ASCC, Cooper said she wants “to help this group realize what they’ve put together and what they can achieve in the marketplace as a group.” Specifically, she’d like to expand the group into a multispecialty organization.
Since being named CEO, she has centralized corporate services for the group’s 150 employees, including human resources, benefits and financial posting. Taking those functions into a single back-office operation has given the individual clinics more autonomy to concentrate on patient care, she said.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Cogswell Motors Owner, Wife Found Dead 2 days ago
- Alliance Insurance Agents Surprised by AID Order; Plan to Buy Insolvent Agency 2 days ago
- Insurance Agent Berry Bishop Accused of Fraud, Misuse of Premium 3 days ago
- Brad Baltz Sets Up New Office as CARTI Door Continues to Turn 4 days ago
- California Company Buys 600 Acres Near Keo 4 days ago