Chief Executive Officer
Arkansas Specialty Care Centers P.A.
Alicia CooperAs CEO of a 10-location, 22-physician medical practice, Alicia Cooper is responsible for negotiating contracts between her doctors and managed care companies.
“It’s one of those things that I’m sure there’s a disorder named after. I really enjoy it, and most people hate it,” said Cooper, who turned 35 on Sunday.
Cooper joined Arkansas Specialty Care Center in April. She was previously executive director of St. Vincent Physician Hospital Organization, which negotiates contracts between St.Vincent Infirmary and physicians.
Originally from Fountain Hill (Ashley County), Cooper is a registered nurse and has a master’s degree in counseling psychology from the University of Central Arkansas. She has worked in the health care industry since 1985.
At ASCC, Cooper said she wants “to help this group realize what they’ve put together and what they can achieve in the marketplace as a group.” Specifically, she’d like to expand the group into a multispecialty organization.
Since being named CEO, she has centralized corporate services for the group’s 150 employees, including human resources, benefits and financial posting. Taking those functions into a single back-office operation has given the individual clinics more autonomy to concentrate on patient care, she said.
- Communications Sales & Leasing is Trading Now
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Conway Startup Grainster's Boasts Wildly Optimistic Projections 17 hours ago
- Warren Stephens Bets on Startup Roadie Shipping Network 17 hours ago
- Windstream Spinoff CS&L to Begin Trading on Monday 3 days ago
- Pediatrics Plus Buy Tops $8.1M Mark (Real Deals) 17 hours ago
- Ex-Arkansas Travelers General Manager Bill Valentine Dies 11 hours ago