Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Founder and Owner
Kourtney Barrett knew at an early age that being a business owner was in her sights, especially given her family’s entrepreneurial history. Her father owns Egis Environment Consulting of Bentonville.
For Barrett, the dream of launching Junk Brands came from a desire for American ingenuity and a passion for healthy living. Junk Brands, based in Bentonville, specializes in headbands, though Barrett has hopes of expanding the product line to include lifestyle apparel.
She launched Junk Brands in 2011 with an emphasis on receiving support from the community. “It breaks my heart to have to look out of the U.S. to create products,” Barrett said, explaining her business philosophy of looking locally before outsourcing.
The company’s latest efforts include establishing partnerships with companies in the U.S. and internationally such as Reebok FitHub stores. Most recently, Barrett secured an opportunity with fitness company CrossFit to market her headbands and is in talks with retailers such as Dick’s Sporting Goods and Buckle to sell her products in their stores.
Before entering the world of business ownership, Barrett was an award-winning real estate broker for Grubb & Ellis of Bentonville, a Web developer at Acxiom and a corporate sales representative at AT&T.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Barber Co-Defendant James Van Doren Asks Court for Bond Relief 2 years ago
- Asa Hutchinson Walks Fine Line in Medicaid Speech (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 14 hours ago
- AIA Finalist: 28 Springs 1 year ago