Melissa Boswell was living in New York City when her father, owner of Information Capital, a provider of software and services to more than 475 U.S. counties, recruited her to run a spinoff called TaxPro.
Since Boswell was named president, the company has grown into a leading provider of billing and collection software for county governments across Arkansas, including Pulaski County.
“Certainly TaxPro growing as a significant player in Arkansas is absolutely a professional goal,” Boswell said. “I have big goals for the company and we’ve partnered with the right people to get there.”
With the software, several counties were able to offer for the first time this year emailed property-tax statements, she said. “I can definitely say my clients are driven, forward-thinking people,” Boswell said. “Taxpayers can go online, create a profile and link up their accounts and pay online. It really is saving the counties money on postage and mailing.”
While living in New York, she opened a nonprofit performing arts company and developed community educational programs for low-income families.
Boswell has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from New York University.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Arkansas Convention Center Troubles Dog Texarkana Investor 17 hours ago
- After Oh Baby Sale, It's Back to Basics for Fran Free 17 hours ago
- Gateway Town Center Tracts Top $10.4M (Real Deals) 17 hours ago
- Steve Landers Sr. Stays In the Running 17 hours ago
- Arkansas Insurance Department Puts Out Feelers on New Space 17 hours ago