Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Dow Brantley III
Brantley Farming Co.
Dow Brantley III
Dow Brantley III runs a 10,000-acre farm, has worked at the White House and testified before Congress on rice markets and the farm bill.
“I grew up wanting to farm, and I’m fortunate that my parents were in the position to give me that opportunity,” said Brantley.
He is chairman of the Arkansas Rice Federation, the Arkansas Rice Producers Group and the Lonoke County Farm Bureau, and he serves with other agriculture-related organizations.
“I just wake up every day eager to go and to continue to try and grow our farm and our family’s business, and part of that growth is staying active in the community in these agricultural organizations,” he said.
Brantley has received the Stanley E. Reed Leadership Award from the Arkansas Farm Bureau Foundation.
After earning a degree from the University of Arkansas, he worked in Washington for two years, mostly at the U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency. Brantley also served with President Clinton’s advance team.
Brantley works daily with his father, Laudies Dow Brantley II, who once told him farmers work half days. “You’re going to work 12 hours a day — you just get to pick which 12 you are going to work.”
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Asa Hutchinson Makes Board, Commission Appointments 1 day ago
- Brett Powell Named Director of the State Department of Higher Education 1 day ago
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 6 days ago
- State Board Votes to Take Over Little Rock School District 3 days ago
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 6 days ago