Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Deputy Director of Community Bank Lending
Bank of the Ozarks Inc.
After earning a degree in finance and economics from Arkansas Tech University in 2002, John Carter joined Nuvell Financial Services in Little Rock, GMAC’s subprime auto lender. When he moved into commercial banking, he got a pleasant surprise: “Oh, my gosh, there are credit scores over 700?”
After stops at U.S. Bank and Regions Bank, Carter joined fast-growing Bank of the Ozarks in 2009 as a vice president of commercial lending. He’s had three promotions in five years: to senior VP, to Little Rock market president and, in January, to deputy director of community bank lending. He is also vice chairman of the officers’ loan committee.
Carter is working closely with BOZ’s new south Texas division, the former Omnibank acquisition that was finalized in March. While the bankers there are teaching Carter about the Houston market, it is Carter’s job to teach them “the Bank of the Ozarks way.” He has the same job with the new bankers who came with the acquisition last month of Summit Bank of Arkadelphia.
Carter has had mentors throughout his career, but he puts George Gleason, CEO of BOZ, in a category all his own.
“George works harder than anybody in the bank, and in my particular position, leading by example is what makes this bank special. It really drives everyone to be the best they can be,” he said.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Looks to Next Generation, Plans for Future 2 days ago
- Proposal Filed To End Arkansas' Private Option Compromise Medicaid Plan 1 day ago
- Good Luck With That (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Medicaid, Public Schools See Boosts in Hutchinson's Budget 12 hours ago
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 2 days ago