Roderick "Rick" Allen, chairman and CEO, is the third generation to run the family business that started in 1926 in the Ozark hills. With plants in Arkansas, Georgia, Texas, New York, Wisconsin and North Carolina, Allen, along with sons Joshua and Nicholas, has aggressively acquired business to expand the company's lines of canned and frozen foods. Allens Inc. reported $672 million in revenue for its fiscal year ended Feb. 28, 2011, ranking it No. 15 on Arkansas Business' most recent list of the state's largest private companies. The company has 2,300 employees.
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 3 days ago
- Book Excerpt: Charles Morgan on Jeff Ubben, Acxiom's Battle With ValueAct 15 hours ago
- Cameron Smith, Karen Fetzer Named Top Executives at Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 18 hours ago
- No Thanks! Companies Reject 'Shark Tank' Deals, Still Thrive 2 days ago
- Update: Baptist Health-NLR Agrees to $2.7 Million Settlement for Medicare Billing Dispute 8 hours ago