Nucor Steel, led by Sam Commella, has climbed up the Arkansas Business list of largest manufacturers since the last Power List in 2011, when the company ranked No. 17.
Nucor Steel ranked No. 10 in 2014 among manufacturers in the state with 1,600 employees, compared with 1,374 in 2011. Commella joined Nucor Steel in 1992 as a melt shop manager for operations in Texas and Indiana. He was promoted to general manager in 2002 and began serving as vice president in 2004.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Matt Lile Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement, Agrees to 1-Year Prison Sentence 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- 10 Years Later, Case of M. David Howell's Ponzi Scheme Nears End 2 years ago
- Mike Ross, Asa Hutchinson Spar over Tax Cuts, Ads in Debate 2 days ago
- Arkansas Business Honors 'Best Places to Work' 2 days ago