Nucor Steel, led by Sam Commella, has climbed up the Arkansas Business list of largest manufacturers since the last Power List in 2011, when the company ranked No. 17.
Nucor Steel ranked No. 10 in 2014 among manufacturers in the state with 1,600 employees, compared with 1,374 in 2011. Commella joined Nucor Steel in 1992 as a melt shop manager for operations in Texas and Indiana. He was promoted to general manager in 2002 and began serving as vice president in 2004.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Our Community, Our Dollars Ends Efforts in Faulkner, Craighead Counties 16 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Acquires Intervest Bancshares Corp. In $228.5M Deal 2 hours ago
- Whataburger On Way to Fayetteville (NWA Real Deals) 4 days ago
- NERA Study: EPA Regs Would Cost Arkansas Jobs, Millions in Compliance 1 day ago
- Economy Adds 209K Jobs in July, Unemployment Rate at 6.2 Percent 4 hours ago