Nucor Steel, led by Sam Commella, has climbed up the Arkansas Business list of largest manufacturers since the last Power List in 2011, when the company ranked No. 17.
Nucor Steel ranked No. 10 in 2014 among manufacturers in the state with 1,600 employees, compared with 1,374 in 2011. Commella joined Nucor Steel in 1992 as a melt shop manager for operations in Texas and Indiana. He was promoted to general manager in 2002 and began serving as vice president in 2004.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Last Reporter, John Lyon, Is Laid Off at Arkansas News Bureau 22 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Making Its Mark as Bank of the Nation 1 day ago
- Brian Reemtsen to Lead Arkansas Children's Heart Institute 22 hours ago
- As Marijuana Industry Beckons, Banks Just Say No 1 day ago
- DF&A Names Scott Hardin Communications Director 1 day ago