Nucor Steel, led by Sam Commella, has climbed up the Arkansas Business list of largest manufacturers since the last Power List in 2011, when the company ranked No. 17.
Nucor Steel ranked No. 10 in 2014 among manufacturers in the state with 1,600 employees, compared with 1,374 in 2011. Commella joined Nucor Steel in 1992 as a melt shop manager for operations in Texas and Indiana. He was promoted to general manager in 2002 and began serving as vice president in 2004.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 10 hours ago
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 6 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 7 hours ago
- University of Arkansas Alumna Gives $600k to Alma Mater 1 day ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 9 hours ago