Ken Thompson has been leading Whirlpool's Fort Smith manufacturing effort for four years and has been with the company for 32. Despite announcing several rounds of layoffs in 2009 and 2010, Whirlpool remains one of the state's largest manufacturers with an estimated 1,900 employees. Whirlpool's Arkansas operation mainly manufactures refrigerators, trash compactors and component ice-makers.
Whirlpool's Arkansas operation closed in 2012.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Little Rock Doctor Robert Barrow Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison 1 day ago
- Baptist Health Sets Opening In Conway 3 days ago
- Maria Markham Recommended as New Director of Department of Higher Education 12 hours ago
- Online Banking Rises in Use, but Arkansas Branches Remain Important 3 days ago
- ‘Pokemon Go' and Social Marketing (Ross Cranford Expert Advice) 3 days ago