Ken Thompson has been leading Whirlpool's Fort Smith manufacturing effort for four years and has been with the company for 32. Despite announcing several rounds of layoffs in 2009 and 2010, Whirlpool remains one of the state's largest manufacturers with an estimated 1,900 employees. Whirlpool's Arkansas operation mainly manufactures refrigerators, trash compactors and component ice-makers.
Whirlpool's Arkansas operation closed in 2012.
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Wal-Mart's McMillon Tops Compensation List of 100 Arkansas Public Company Execs 2 days ago
- Something to Chew On (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Allcorp Follows Acme Holding Into Bankruptcy 2 days ago
- Majestic Hotel Demolition Ahead of Schedule in Hot Springs 16 hours ago
- Charles Morgan Sues Partner in Lotus Auto Deal 2 days ago