Ken Thompson has been leading Whirlpool's Fort Smith manufacturing effort for four years and has been with the company for 32. Despite announcing several rounds of layoffs in 2009 and 2010, Whirlpool remains one of the state's largest manufacturers with an estimated 1,900 employees. Whirlpool's Arkansas operation mainly manufactures refrigerators, trash compactors and component ice-makers.
Whirlpool's Arkansas operation closed in 2012.
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Seven-Year Campaign Raises $167M 11 hours ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 3 days ago