Ken Thompson has been leading Whirlpool's Fort Smith manufacturing effort for four years and has been with the company for 32. Despite announcing several rounds of layoffs in 2009 and 2010, Whirlpool remains one of the state's largest manufacturers with an estimated 1,900 employees. Whirlpool's Arkansas operation mainly manufactures refrigerators, trash compactors and component ice-makers.
Whirlpool's Arkansas operation closed in 2012.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 5 days ago
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 15 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 15 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago