Ken Thompson has been leading Whirlpool's Fort Smith manufacturing effort for four years and has been with the company for 32. Despite announcing several rounds of layoffs in 2009 and 2010, Whirlpool remains one of the state's largest manufacturers with an estimated 1,900 employees. Whirlpool's Arkansas operation mainly manufactures refrigerators, trash compactors and component ice-makers.
Whirlpool's Arkansas operation closed in 2012.
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Boone County Airport Board Selects Contour Airlines for EAS
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- Arkansas Court Disqualifies Medical Marijuana Proposal, Issue 7 14 hours ago
- Two Financial Centre Sold for $11.3M 14 hours ago
- Arkansas Scientist Pleads in Rice Seed Theft Case 17 hours ago
- Camp Siloam Gets $1M Donation for Dining Hall Campaign 13 hours ago
- Mini Golf Owner Accused of Putting Money Away from Judgment 4 days ago