President and CEO
Baldor Electric Co.
Ronald Tucker has been with Baldor Electric, a subsidiary of Swiss power and technology company ABB, for more than 25 years.
In 2010, Baldor announced that ABB would purchase the company for $4.2 billion. That same year he was named president and CEO. Arkansas Business placed Baldor Electric as the fourth-largest manufacturer in the state in 2014, based on number of employees. The ABB subsidiary has 2,400 employees in the state.
Baldor Electric agreed to pay $2 million to settle a discrimination case involving 795 female and minority applicants. The applicants alleged that Baldor Electric refused them a chance to move into interviews.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Report Shows Northwest Arkansas Competing Well With Bigger Cities 2 days ago
- $280K USDA Grant to Promote High-Paying, In-Demand Agriculture Careers 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart to Cut Hundreds of Jobs at Headquarters 3 days ago
- One Bank Announces Settlement Over 'Scooter' Stuart Money 3 days ago
- Forbes List of Richest People for 2015 Includes 10 with Arkansas Ties 4 days ago