Van Comer oversees a leader in the northwest Arkansas broadcast market. KFSM first went live in July 1953, making it one of the oldest stations in the state.
Comer previously served as general sales manager from 1997 to 2000 and local sales manager from 1993 to 1997. The CBS affiliate weathered a dispute in 2013 between KFSM and Cox Communications relating to demands from Local TV, parent company of KFSM, based in Newport, Kentucky, and a deal was reached preventing a network blackout.
Arkansas Business Staff
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Gray Divorce: Arkansas Attorneys On How Late-Life Splits Threaten Retirement 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Windstream Details REIT Stock Structure, Plans Special Meeting 7 hours ago
- ASU Hires Shane Broadway As VP for Governmental Relations 1 day ago
- Arkansas' Model Medicaid Experiment, the Private Option, in Jeopardy 1 day ago