Van Comer oversees a leader in the northwest Arkansas broadcast market. KFSM first went live in July 1953, making it one of the oldest stations in the state.
Comer previously served as general sales manager from 1997 to 2000 and local sales manager from 1993 to 1997. The CBS affiliate weathered a dispute in 2013 between KFSM and Cox Communications relating to demands from Local TV, parent company of KFSM, based in Newport, Kentucky, and a deal was reached preventing a network blackout.
Arkansas Business Staff
- UCA Narrows President Applicants to 8
- Asa Hutchinson Weighs In On Trump Comments
- Waltons Among Forbes' Top 20 Richest
- UCA Selects 4 President Finalists to Interview On Campus 1 day ago
- Report: Arkansas Medical Pot Plan Costs More Than It Raises 2 days ago
- A Power Line to Nowhere (Julie Morton Commentary) 6 days ago
- Bear State Financial 3Q Earnings Up 47 Percent 1 day ago
- Chinese Firm Agrees to Put Garment Plant in Little Rock, Employ 400 2 days ago