Van Comer oversees a leader in the northwest Arkansas broadcast market. KFSM first went live in July 1953, making it one of the oldest stations in the state.
Comer previously served as general sales manager from 1997 to 2000 and local sales manager from 1993 to 1997. The CBS affiliate weathered a dispute in 2013 between KFSM and Cox Communications relating to demands from Local TV, parent company of KFSM, based in Newport, Kentucky, and a deal was reached preventing a network blackout.
Arkansas Business Staff
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Arkansas Business Presents the 2014 Power List 1 day ago
- Immigration Reform Now (Editorial) 1 day ago
- Crystal Bridges Names New Curators 12 hours ago
- Whataburger On Way to Fayetteville (NWA Real Deals) 1 day ago
- Green Forest Bank Has New Name: Anstaff 2 weeks ago