Van Comer oversees a leader in the northwest Arkansas broadcast market. KFSM first went live in July 1953, making it one of the oldest stations in the state.
Comer previously served as general sales manager from 1997 to 2000 and local sales manager from 1993 to 1997. The CBS affiliate weathered a dispute in 2013 between KFSM and Cox Communications relating to demands from Local TV, parent company of KFSM, based in Newport, Kentucky, and a deal was reached preventing a network blackout.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Regions Center Consultant: 'Improper Actions' Led to Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- SPONSORED: Platinum Drywall Succeeds With Work Ethic, Reputation 23 hours ago
- As Arkansas Lottery's Luster Fades, Numbers Signal Challenges 1 day ago
- Level the Playing Field (Editorial) 1 day ago
- Simmons to Buy Fort Worth Bank in Third Deal Announced Since November 14 hours ago