Van Comer oversees a leader in the northwest Arkansas broadcast market. KFSM first went live in July 1953, making it one of the oldest stations in the state.
Comer previously served as general sales manager from 1997 to 2000 and local sales manager from 1993 to 1997. The CBS affiliate weathered a dispute in 2013 between KFSM and Cox Communications relating to demands from Local TV, parent company of KFSM, based in Newport, Kentucky, and a deal was reached preventing a network blackout.
Arkansas Business Staff
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 3 days ago
- Startup Apptegy Aims to Improve School Communication 3 days ago
- Arkansas Highway Construction Projects Back On 22 hours ago
- Bank of Augusta Adopts New Name: RiverWind 2 days ago
- Seeco Unit to Pay $950K to Settle Mineral Trespass Claim in Arkansas 2 days ago