Van Comer oversees a leader in the northwest Arkansas broadcast market. KFSM first went live in July 1953, making it one of the oldest stations in the state.
Comer previously served as general sales manager from 1997 to 2000 and local sales manager from 1993 to 1997. The CBS affiliate weathered a dispute in 2013 between KFSM and Cox Communications relating to demands from Local TV, parent company of KFSM, based in Newport, Kentucky, and a deal was reached preventing a network blackout.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Report: Acxiom to Open Austin Office, Hire 150
- Arkansas Supreme Court Orders Immediate Removal of Judge Mike Maggio 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Wehco Media Drops Insurance Bombshell 7 days ago
- Simmons First Trust to Buy Talbot Capital Management 2 days ago
- Site Work Starts on Outlet Mall in West Little Rock 3 months ago