Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- Asa Hutchinson Weighs In On Trump Comments
- Waltons Among Forbes' Top 20 Richest
- No Surprise: Higher Pay Helps Attract, Retain Employees 1 day ago
- Karla Payne, Arvest Bank (Large Bank CFO of the Year Finalist) 1 day ago
- Eldridge Aims to Unseat Boozman in Arkansas US Senate Race 1 day ago
- Site Selector: Arkansas' Strong Economic Development Teams An Asset 23 hours ago
- Allied Auction Saw More Banks Bid; Chambers Garnishes Golden's Last Paycheck 1 day ago