Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- Democrat-Gazette Cuts Include Columnists Fellone and Haymes 1 day ago
- Broadway Bridge to Reopen Next Week 7 hours ago
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference 1 day ago
- Searcy Upgrades Infrastructure for Chance at New 'Power Center' for Shopping 3 days ago
- Amazon Resists Request for Echo Info in Arkansas Slaying 7 hours ago