Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 12 hours ago
- Red Lobsters Serve Up $8.4M Transaction (Real Deals) 12 hours ago
- Steele Stephens Could Still Face Fines over Shoffner Bribes 12 hours ago
- Fayetteville Anti-bias Ordinance Splits City, Chamber 12 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago