Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Last Reporter, John Lyon, Is Laid Off at Arkansas News Bureau 10 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Making Its Mark as Bank of the Nation 22 hours ago
- DF&A Names Scott Hardin Communications Director 13 hours ago
- Stone Bank Expanding West Little Rock Location 22 hours ago
- Burris, Bethel Settle Dental Suit Over Commission 22 hours ago