Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Acxiom Cites Workforce 'Changes' Amid Layoff Reports
- Communications Sales & Leasing is Trading Now
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Partners Work To Revive Back Yard Burgers Brand 2 days ago
- Former Windstream Sales Rep Sues for Owed Commission 2 days ago
- Restaurant Sector Embraces Alternative Funding 2 days ago
- G.E. 'Butch' Rice Elected Chairman of Arkansas Trucking Association 5 days ago
- Ben E. Keith Breaks Ground on $70M North Little Rock Center 6 days ago