Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- What Commuters Can Expect When the Broadway Bridge Closes Wednesday 11 hours ago
- UAMS Cures RxResults' One-Sided Contract 2 days ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 2 days ago
- Latin Dance Club To Take Lead on Juanita's River Market Space 2 days ago
- Community First Bancshares Price Tag Rises to $77M In Equity Deal 2 days ago