Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- John James Wants to Turn Old Post Office into Startup Hub
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Jeff Amerine: 'Open Innovation' Model Can Work for Entire State 2 days ago
- Courtyard by Marriott to Open Along Highway 49 in Jonesboro 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Closes on Land for New Fayetteville Store (NWA Real Deals) 6 days ago
- Governor Signs Bill for $87M Lockheed Martin Incentive 1 day ago
- USA Truck, Knight Transportation End Takeover Battle, Lawsuit 1 year ago