Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Federal Reserve Approves 2 Bank of the Ozarks Acquisitions 13 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson Makes Appointments to Boards, Commissions 14 hours ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 3 days ago
- Ahead of Amazon Prime Day, Wal-Mart Tries to Move In 13 hours ago
- At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-Made Goods 2 days ago