Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Hutchinson, AEDC Launch 'Arkansas Inc.' to Recruit, Retain Companies 2 days ago
- East Little Rock's 'Innovation Alley' Drawing Grit, Funk Lovers 6 days ago
- Acxiom Reports 3Q Loss, But Revenue, Earnings Guidance Rises 2 days ago
- Murphy USA to Sell CAM Pipeline for $85M; 4Q Income Down 32 Percent 2 days ago
- Wayne Farms Plant in Laurel, Mississippi, to Lay Off 500 2 days ago