Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 3 days ago
- Startup Apptegy Aims to Improve School Communication 3 days ago
- Arkansas Highway Construction Projects Back On 22 hours ago
- Bank of Augusta Adopts New Name: RiverWind 2 days ago
- Seeco Unit to Pay $950K to Settle Mineral Trespass Claim in Arkansas 2 days ago