Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Bank of the Ozarks Seals 2 Deals, Is Biggest in Arkansas by Assets 1 day ago
- Don Soderquist, Former Wal-Mart COO, Dies at 82 1 day ago
- Foreclosure Hearing Delayed Amid Possible Main Street Lofts Sale 1 day ago
- Hugg & Hall Purchases RPM Services & Rentals of Louisiana 2 days ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Board Votes to End Lease at Markham Street 1 week ago