Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 1 day ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 6 days ago
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 1 day ago