Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Aircraft Interior Solutions Awaits FAA Review of Innovative Seat 1 day ago
- Prep Continues as David's Burgers Flips River Market Location 1 day ago
- New Dean Pope Moseley Sees Early Success at UAMS 1 day ago
- AEDC Names Jeff Moore Director of Marketing, Communications 17 hours ago
- Warren Stephens On $102 Million Media Sale: 'Outstanding' Return on Investment 9 months ago