Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Acxiom Asks Gov. Hutchinson to Veto HB1228 2 days ago
- Little Rock Mayor Mark Stodola Urges Governor to Veto HB1228 22 hours ago
- Hutchinson Vetoes Publicity Rights Bill; Senate Override Fails 16 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson, Bob Ballinger Don't Seek Changes to #HB1228 1 day ago
- Jonesboro Developer Bruce Burrow's Pyrrhic Victory 2 days ago