Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Conway Booms, Setting Retail Records 3 days ago
- Zombies Beware: Pine Bluff Is Rising 3 days ago
- Arkansas Panel Backs Gun Ban at Stadiums After SEC Plea 23 hours ago
- Homer's Restaurant Family Feud Heats Up 3 days ago
- Scholarships for Retail Development (J. Cliff McKinney Commentary) 3 days ago