Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Aromatique Founder Patti Upton Dies At 79 11 hours ago
- Camille Norman Joins ERI as Media Director 1 day ago
- Springdale's Multi-Craft Contractors Stays Flexible, Diverse 4 days ago
- Fewer Arkansans Holding Household Telephones 4 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Announces Sale of 6.6M Shares 8 hours ago