Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Kevin Delaney Back on 'Tonight Show' on Nov. 7
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 1 day ago
- ProLand Title Buys Arkansas County Title of Stuttgart 7 hours ago
- Newk's Eatery Expanding to Northwest Arkansas 1 day ago
- #ARPX: What to Watch on Election Day (Robert Coon & Blake Rutherford On Politics) 2 days ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 7 months ago