Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Gearhart Leaves after 7 Years Leading University of Arkansas 15 hours ago
- Tyson Foods Adds Mikel Durham to Board 3 days ago
- Saline Memorial Breaks Ground on Bryant Campus 5 months ago
- New Opportunity for Contractors (Vic Lance Commentary) 4 hours ago
- Best Association Management Gets Contract to Oversee ASAE 2 months ago