Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- State of the South Report Cites Innovation Hub as Key to Arkansas Growth
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 3 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- One Bank Takes Claims Against David Crews to Federal Bankruptcy Court 3 days ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 3 days ago
- Thomas Longe Appointed to Home BancShares Board of Directors 1 day ago