Walter Hussman Jr.
Walter Hussman owns a number of publications in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and Missouri. He follows a history of family leadership in journalism: His father founded Wehco Media of Little Rock.
Hussman’s Arkansas Democrat newspaper emerged victorious in a 12-year newspaper war, defeating the Gannett-owned Arkansas Gazette in 1991 and being rechristened the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Editor & Publisher named Hussman the magazine’s Publisher of the Year in 2008. The Atlantic put him at No. 14 on a list of 25 “Brave Thinkers” in the industry.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Update: Tyson Foods to Put 300 Workers in Downtown Springdale 12 hours ago
- John Selig to Step Down from DHS at Year's End 15 hours ago
- Outlets of Little Rock Nears Opening, Announces 14 More Retailers 1 day ago
- Arkansas Building Business Partnerships with Nigeria 15 hours ago
- Steve Parks Sentenced to 27 Months for Tax Credit Fraud 1 day ago