In 1974, Alan Leveritt and a few friends launched the Arkansas Times, a monthly magazine at the time that provided political and cultural news to the state.
The Times is now an alternative weekly published each Wednesday, continuing with the same mission. Leveritt’s goal for the Times was to establish a second newspaper following the newspaper war between the Arkansas Gazette and Arkansas Democrat that resulted in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
On Aug. 1, 2013, the Times introduced digital membership, putting its four blogs — the Arkansas Blog, Eat Arkansas, Eye Candy and Rock Candy — behind a pay wall. The company also publishes El Latino, a weekly Spanish newspaper serving the Hispanic/Latino community; Arkansas Food and Farm, a magazine published twice during growing season; and Savvy Kids, a monthly magazine for central Arkansas families.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Arkansas Lawmakers Say They'll Move Quickly on Tax Cut 4 days ago
- UALR Sports Enters 10-Year Multimedia Contract With Learfield 5 days ago
- Cara Boyd-Conners Moves to Davenport Law (Movers & Shakers) 7 hours ago
- Two Financial Centre Draws $11.3M Sale (Real Deals) 7 hours ago
- Canadian Company Buying Anthony Forest Products for $93.5M 1 year ago