In 1974, Alan Leveritt and a few friends launched the Arkansas Times, a monthly magazine at the time that provided political and cultural news to the state.
The Times is now an alternative weekly published each Wednesday, continuing with the same mission. Leveritt’s goal for the Times was to establish a second newspaper following the newspaper war between the Arkansas Gazette and Arkansas Democrat that resulted in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
On Aug. 1, 2013, the Times introduced digital membership, putting its four blogs — the Arkansas Blog, Eat Arkansas, Eye Candy and Rock Candy — behind a pay wall. The company also publishes El Latino, a weekly Spanish newspaper serving the Hispanic/Latino community; Arkansas Food and Farm, a magazine published twice during growing season; and Savvy Kids, a monthly magazine for central Arkansas families.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Georgia Mjartan to Leave Our House 14 hours ago
- Hudson Cisne & Co. Acquires Newton Owen Boyd & Smoke 13 hours ago
- Ace Glass Building in East Village Sells for $1.5M 2 days ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame: Brinda J. Jackson, Groundbreaking Architect 3 days ago
- Arkansas to Highlight Open Tech Jobs at New Website 2 days ago