In 1974, Alan Leveritt and a few friends launched the Arkansas Times, a monthly magazine at the time that provided political and cultural news to the state.
The Times is now an alternative weekly published each Wednesday, continuing with the same mission. Leveritt’s goal for the Times was to establish a second newspaper following the newspaper war between the Arkansas Gazette and Arkansas Democrat that resulted in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
On Aug. 1, 2013, the Times introduced digital membership, putting its four blogs — the Arkansas Blog, Eat Arkansas, Eye Candy and Rock Candy — behind a pay wall. The company also publishes El Latino, a weekly Spanish newspaper serving the Hispanic/Latino community; Arkansas Food and Farm, a magazine published twice during growing season; and Savvy Kids, a monthly magazine for central Arkansas families.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Grand Jury Indicts 4 Tied to One Bank Loans to Alberto Solaroli 2 days ago
- Acxiom, Twitter Expand Partnership 1 day ago
- Agent: US Prosecutor to Get Evidence About Searcy's Ex-Police Chief 8 hours ago
- McLarty Automotive Group Buys Missouri Dealership From Frank Fletcher 2 days ago
- BlueInGreen Announces North American Sales Expansion 8 hours ago