John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- The Influencers: 5 Leaders Behind the Framework of Arkansas 15 hours ago
- Gov. Asa Hutchinson Announces Appointments to Boards, Commissions 4 hours ago
- Regions Center Owners Say Management Stayed Mum on Purchase Offer 15 hours ago
- ARcare CEO Steven Collier Ready to Adapt with Whatever Washington Puts in Place 15 hours ago
- The Influencers: Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark. 15 hours ago