John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Lawsuit, Liens Hit Scott Reed's Main Street Projects 2 years ago
- The Influencers: Michael Poore of the Little Rock School District 1 week ago
- Central Arkansas Water CEO Tad Bohannon Keeps Ratepayers Tapped In 1 week ago
- Zombies Beware: Pine Bluff Is Rising 4 hours ago
- The Influencers: Darrin Williams of Southern Bancorp 1 week ago