John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Rock Capital to Develop $16M-$17M Downtown Little Rock Hotel 4 days ago
- More Indictments Expected in Ecclesia Kickback Case 1 day ago
- Staying in Searcy Fits Youthful Tastes 1 day ago
- Collision Center Buy Tops $2.5 Million (Real Deals) 1 day ago
- Making the Tough Calls (Barry Goldberg On Leadership) 1 day ago