John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- John Rogers Lakewood Mansion Sold for $1.3M 21 hours ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 21 hours ago
- Walnut Ridge Three Scheduled for Sentencing on Bank Fraud 21 hours ago
- Today's Bank Named Receiver for Undercapitalized Allied Bank 3 days ago
- St. Vincent West Attracts $14.1 Million Transaction (Real Deals) 21 hours ago