John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 16 hours ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 16 hours ago
- Maumelle Warehouse Attracts $11.2M Sale (Real Deals) 16 hours ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 16 hours ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 16 hours ago