John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Arkansas Lawmakers Say They'll Move Quickly on Tax Cut 4 days ago
- UALR Sports Enters 10-Year Multimedia Contract With Learfield 5 days ago
- Siloam Springs Students Gain Career Academy (Winner, Workforce Development | Between 5,000-20,000) 1 year ago
- Arkansas Specialty Orthopaedics Looking at New Home in Midtown Little Rock 5 hours ago
- Advanced Energy Association Sets 2017 Priorities 4 days ago