John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Jonesboro Developer Bruce Burrow's Pyrrhic Victory 19 hours ago
- Acxiom Asks Gov. Hutchinson to Veto HB1228 3 hours ago
- #HB1228 Advances to House, Could Come Up Tuesday 8 hours ago
- Return on Equity: Top 14 Performers Dot Arkansas 19 hours ago
- #HB1228 Tests LGBT Economic Argument (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 1 day ago