John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Tally of Largest Commercial Building Projects in Arkansas Hits $2.4 Billion 3 days ago
- $1M Land Deal Launches Trampoline Park in Fayetteville 22 hours ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Announces First Tenants 1 day ago
- Murphy Oil Adds Keller to Board, Elevates 2 EVPs 22 hours ago
- Arkansas Scholarship Lottery Picks CJRW for $34.5M Contract 1 day ago