John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Forensic Audit Ordered But No Answers Yet in Turner Grain Collapse 2 days ago
- Fayetteville's DataRank Acquired by Seattle Firm 14 hours ago
- Angelica Rogers Hit With $15.6M Consent Judgment 2 days ago
- Worse Than A Crime (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Longtime Circuit Judge LT Simes Dies at 65 15 hours ago