John Boozman was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2010. A Republican from northwest Arkansas and an optometrist by profession, he represented the state’s 3rd Congressional District from 2001 to 2011.
While in the U.S. House of Representatives, he served as assistant majority whip and sat on the Republican Policy Committee. He was instrumental in establishing the Arkansas World Trade Center, which opened in 2007. Boozman is currently the ranking Republican on the Senate Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry & Natural Resources and the Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works.
After recovering from emergency surgery for an aortic aneurysm in April, Boozman announced that he will seek re-election in 2016.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Walnut Ridge, Others See Development Boost from I-57 Designation 10 hours ago
- Slideshow: Robinson Center's Renovation Poised for October Completion 5 days ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 2 years ago
- 10 Startups Chosen For FinTech Accelerator Launching May 16 2 days ago
- Update: Sun Paper of China Picks Clark County for $1.3B Pulp Mill 3 days ago