After more than four decades in the insurance industry and 24 years in the state General Assembly, Jay Bradford was appointed as commissioner of the Arkansas Insurance Department in 2009. Bradford worked with the Governor’s Office, the Arkansas Legislature and the Arkansas Department of Human Services to create the Health Benefits Exchange, also known as the Arkansas Health Connector.
In the exchange’s first year, more than 170,000 Arkansans enrolled to receive health care. In the Legislature, he was chosen both as speaker pro tempore of the House of Representatives and president pro tempore of the Senate.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Acxiom Asks Gov. Hutchinson to Veto HB1228 19 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson, Bob Ballinger Don't Seek Changes to #HB1228 5 hours ago
- Jonesboro Developer Bruce Burrow's Pyrrhic Victory 2 days ago
- Arkansas Legislator Drops Proposal to Ban California Wine 22 hours ago
- Return on Equity: Top 14 Performers Dot Arkansas 2 days ago