After more than four decades in the insurance industry and 24 years in the state General Assembly, Jay Bradford was appointed as commissioner of the Arkansas Insurance Department in 2009. Bradford worked with the Governor’s Office, the Arkansas Legislature and the Arkansas Department of Human Services to create the Health Benefits Exchange, also known as the Arkansas Health Connector.
In the exchange’s first year, more than 170,000 Arkansans enrolled to receive health care. In the Legislature, he was chosen both as speaker pro tempore of the House of Representatives and president pro tempore of the Senate.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Arkansas Business Presents 2014's 'The New Influentials: 20 In Their 20s' 23 hours ago
- 8 Former Delta Trust Employees Flock to Eagle Bank 23 hours ago
- Argenta Community Development Corp. Weighs Its Future 23 hours ago
- Landers Auto Dealership Drives $22.1M Toyota Sale (Real Deals) 23 hours ago
- Southern Rice & Cotton Says Turner Grain Bounced Million-Dollar Check 23 hours ago