After more than four decades in the insurance industry and 24 years in the state General Assembly, Jay Bradford was appointed as commissioner of the Arkansas Insurance Department in 2009. Bradford worked with the Governor’s Office, the Arkansas Legislature and the Arkansas Department of Human Services to create the Health Benefits Exchange, also known as the Arkansas Health Connector.
In the exchange’s first year, more than 170,000 Arkansans enrolled to receive health care. In the Legislature, he was chosen both as speaker pro tempore of the House of Representatives and president pro tempore of the Senate.
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Grand Jury Indicts 4 Tied to One Bank Loans to Alberto Solaroli 21 hours ago
- McLarty Automotive Group Buys Missouri Dealership From Frank Fletcher 24 hours ago
- Charles Morgan to Entrepreneurs: Surround Yourself with Good People 1 day ago
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 4 days ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 3 days ago