After more than four decades in the insurance industry and 24 years in the state General Assembly, Jay Bradford was appointed as commissioner of the Arkansas Insurance Department in 2009. Bradford worked with the Governor’s Office, the Arkansas Legislature and the Arkansas Department of Human Services to create the Health Benefits Exchange, also known as the Arkansas Health Connector.
In the exchange’s first year, more than 170,000 Arkansans enrolled to receive health care. In the Legislature, he was chosen both as speaker pro tempore of the House of Representatives and president pro tempore of the Senate.
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 6 days ago
- Shelley Short Promoted at State Chamber of Commerce (Movers & Shakers) 6 days ago
- Gates Belting Out Success in Siloam Springs 6 days ago
- Big River Steel Mill Rises in Northeast Arkansas 2 weeks ago
- Update: Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016, Join GenWealth 5 days ago