After more than four decades in the insurance industry and 24 years in the state General Assembly, Jay Bradford was appointed as commissioner of the Arkansas Insurance Department in 2009. Bradford worked with the Governor’s Office, the Arkansas Legislature and the Arkansas Department of Human Services to create the Health Benefits Exchange, also known as the Arkansas Health Connector.
In the exchange’s first year, more than 170,000 Arkansans enrolled to receive health care. In the Legislature, he was chosen both as speaker pro tempore of the House of Representatives and president pro tempore of the Senate.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 1 day ago
- What Commuters Can Expect When the Broadway Bridge Closes Wednesday 2 days ago
- Solar Power On the Rise in Arkansas 3 days ago
- UAMS Cures RxResults' One-Sided Contract 3 days ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 3 days ago