After more than four decades in the insurance industry and 24 years in the state General Assembly, Jay Bradford was appointed as commissioner of the Arkansas Insurance Department in 2009. Bradford worked with the Governor’s Office, the Arkansas Legislature and the Arkansas Department of Human Services to create the Health Benefits Exchange, also known as the Arkansas Health Connector.
In the exchange’s first year, more than 170,000 Arkansans enrolled to receive health care. In the Legislature, he was chosen both as speaker pro tempore of the House of Representatives and president pro tempore of the Senate.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Georgia Mjartan to Leave Our House 2 days ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame: Dr. Joanna Seibert, Health Care Pioneer 4 days ago
- Hudson Cisne & Co. Acquires Newton Owen Boyd & Smoke 2 days ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame: Brinda J. Jackson, Groundbreaking Architect 4 days ago
- America's Car-Mart CEO Henderson Announces Retirement 11 hours ago