After more than four decades in the insurance industry and 24 years in the state General Assembly, Jay Bradford was appointed as commissioner of the Arkansas Insurance Department in 2009. Bradford worked with the Governor’s Office, the Arkansas Legislature and the Arkansas Department of Human Services to create the Health Benefits Exchange, also known as the Arkansas Health Connector.
In the exchange’s first year, more than 170,000 Arkansans enrolled to receive health care. In the Legislature, he was chosen both as speaker pro tempore of the House of Representatives and president pro tempore of the Senate.
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Widespread Growth Seen in Northwest Arkansas 6 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- USA Truck CEO Paid $1.4M in Total Compensation in 2014 2 days ago
- Humor Warms Bench in John Rogers Court Case 6 days ago
- Slideshow: Inside Robinson Center's $68 Million Renovation Project 6 days ago