After more than four decades in the insurance industry and 24 years in the state General Assembly, Jay Bradford was appointed as commissioner of the Arkansas Insurance Department in 2009. Bradford worked with the Governor’s Office, the Arkansas Legislature and the Arkansas Department of Human Services to create the Health Benefits Exchange, also known as the Arkansas Health Connector.
In the exchange’s first year, more than 170,000 Arkansans enrolled to receive health care. In the Legislature, he was chosen both as speaker pro tempore of the House of Representatives and president pro tempore of the Senate.
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Arkansas House Panel Advances Competing Tax Cut Plans 2 days ago
- Lawmakers Decline to Approve Lottery Ad Contract 4 days ago
- Sears to Sell Craftsman Tool Brand, Close 150 Stores 2 weeks ago
- Simmons Reports 4Q Net Income of $27M 3 days ago
- Video: Daisy To Expand Rogers Plant, Create 25 Jobs 4 days ago