Dr. Jonathan R. Bates became president and CEO of Arkansas Children's Hospital in 1993. He had been a pediatrics instructor at Harvard Medical School and specialized in ambulatory medicine and emergency medicine at Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston. He was senior vice president at Children's Hospital & Health Center in San Diego and administrator at Memorial Miller Children's Hospital in Long Beach, Calif.
In the fall of 2012, ACH opened its $115 million South Wing, which will add 54 inpatient beds to the hospital's current total of 316. For the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2011, ACH had $718 million in patient revenue with a net income of $43 million, ranking it sixth on Arkansas Business' 2012 list of the state's largest hospitals by revenue.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2016 7 days ago
- 'What If We're Wrong?' (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 7 days ago
- Casino Campaign Announces Deal With Cherokee Nation 3 days ago
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion 2 weeks ago
- El Dorado Board OKs Nearly $10M for Downtown Project 4 days ago