Dr. Jonathan R. Bates became president and CEO of Arkansas Children's Hospital in 1993. He had been a pediatrics instructor at Harvard Medical School and specialized in ambulatory medicine and emergency medicine at Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston. He was senior vice president at Children's Hospital & Health Center in San Diego and administrator at Memorial Miller Children's Hospital in Long Beach, Calif.
In the fall of 2012, ACH opened its $115 million South Wing, which will add 54 inpatient beds to the hospital's current total of 316. For the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2011, ACH had $718 million in patient revenue with a net income of $43 million, ranking it sixth on Arkansas Business' 2012 list of the state's largest hospitals by revenue.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- SIG Sauer Finalizes Plans to Move to Jacksonville 24 hours ago
- Oreos, Apple and Core Knowledge (Craig Douglass On Consumers) 3 days ago
- AEDC Opens Bids for Advertising Contracts 1 day ago
- Baptist Health Promotes 2 at North Little Rock Campus 1 day ago
- Murphy Oil Reports 1Q Loss of $198M 19 hours ago