Dr. Jonathan R. Bates became president and CEO of Arkansas Children's Hospital in 1993. He had been a pediatrics instructor at Harvard Medical School and specialized in ambulatory medicine and emergency medicine at Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston. He was senior vice president at Children's Hospital & Health Center in San Diego and administrator at Memorial Miller Children's Hospital in Long Beach, Calif.
In the fall of 2012, ACH opened its $115 million South Wing, which will add 54 inpatient beds to the hospital's current total of 316. For the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2011, ACH had $718 million in patient revenue with a net income of $43 million, ranking it sixth on Arkansas Business' 2012 list of the state's largest hospitals by revenue.
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Otter Creek Mall Development Decades in the Making 2 days ago
- Sager Sells Allens Properties to Jim Bob Duggar 2 days ago
- Episcopal Collegiate Names New Head of School 12 hours ago
- Wal-Mart: Tracy Morgan Wasn't Wearing Seatbelt in Crash 1 day ago
- If Arkansas Goes Wet, ABC Has Plan 2 days ago