Dr. Jonathan R. Bates became president and CEO of Arkansas Children's Hospital in 1993. He had been a pediatrics instructor at Harvard Medical School and specialized in ambulatory medicine and emergency medicine at Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston. He was senior vice president at Children's Hospital & Health Center in San Diego and administrator at Memorial Miller Children's Hospital in Long Beach, Calif.
In the fall of 2012, ACH opened its $115 million South Wing, which will add 54 inpatient beds to the hospital's current total of 316. For the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2011, ACH had $718 million in patient revenue with a net income of $43 million, ranking it sixth on Arkansas Business' 2012 list of the state's largest hospitals by revenue.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 1 day ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 6 days ago
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 1 day ago