Dr. Jonathan R. Bates became president and CEO of Arkansas Children's Hospital in 1993. He had been a pediatrics instructor at Harvard Medical School and specialized in ambulatory medicine and emergency medicine at Children's Hospital Medical Center in Boston. He was senior vice president at Children's Hospital & Health Center in San Diego and administrator at Memorial Miller Children's Hospital in Long Beach, Calif.
In the fall of 2012, ACH opened its $115 million South Wing, which will add 54 inpatient beds to the hospital's current total of 316. For the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2011, ACH had $718 million in patient revenue with a net income of $43 million, ranking it sixth on Arkansas Business' 2012 list of the state's largest hospitals by revenue.
- Here Are Some of the Golfers You'll See at Alotian Club's Western Amateur Tournament
- Gannett Nearly Doubles TV Portfolio with $2B Deal for Belo
- Little Rock's Frontline Athlete Management Boasts Five First Round Picks In MLB Draft
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2013 2 days ago
- What They're Doing: Updates on Past 40 Under 40 Honorees 2 days ago
- A Look at 40 Under 40 Honorees Whose Lives Have Been Cut Short 2 days ago
- University of Arkansas Athletic Department Projects $80.6M Budget 22 hours ago
- Darrin Williams Serves Call of Public Service as Lawyer, Banker, Politician 2 days ago