Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- UCA Narrows President Applicants to 8
- Asa Hutchinson Weighs In On Trump Comments
- Waltons Among Forbes' Top 20 Richest
- Chinese Firm Agrees to Put Garment Plant in Little Rock, Employ 400 9 hours ago
- Dallas Company Buys Sears, Doctors Hospital Site for $44M 2 days ago
- 'Razorback Nation' Anchor Resigns After Mixing Medication and Alcohol 2 days ago
- Arkansas Business Hall of Fame Names 4 Inductees 10 hours ago
- A Power Line to Nowhere (Julie Morton Commentary) 4 days ago