Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Widespread Growth Seen in Northwest Arkansas 6 days ago
- USA Truck CEO Paid $1.4M in Total Compensation in 2014 2 days ago
- Slideshow: Inside Robinson Center's $68 Million Renovation Project 6 days ago
- Humor Warms Bench in John Rogers Court Case 6 days ago
- Oxane Materials Facing More Heat from Lawsuits 6 days ago