Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Home BancShares Eyes Another Florida Bank, Expects More Acquisitions 1 hour ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon, Wife Give $1M to UA Walton Business College 22 hours ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 9 months ago
- Shoe Company Munro Laying Off 56 in Hot Springs 2 hours ago
- Rickenbach Indictment Reveals More Details of One Bank Under Scooter Stuart 4 days ago