Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- John James Wants to Turn Old Post Office into Startup Hub
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Jeff Amerine: 'Open Innovation' Model Can Work for Entire State 2 days ago
- Courtyard by Marriott to Open Along Highway 49 in Jonesboro 20 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Closes on Land for New Fayetteville Store (NWA Real Deals) 5 days ago
- USA Truck, Knight Transportation End Takeover Battle, Lawsuit 1 year ago
- King Coal CEO Stephen Parks Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud 3 days ago