Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Sam's Club, Dillard's Make Consumer Reports Naughty & Nice List
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 20 hours ago
- Red Lobsters Serve Up $8.4M Transaction (Real Deals) 20 hours ago
- Fayetteville Anti-bias Ordinance Splits City, Chamber 20 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson Announces Senior Staff Hires 6 hours ago
- Steele Stephens Could Still Face Fines over Shoffner Bribes 20 hours ago