Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Gailardia Club Woes Spawned Phil Herrington Bankruptcy 9 hours ago
- North Little Rock Apartment Land Draws $2.8M Sale (Real Deals) 9 hours ago
- Chambers Bank Lands $2 Million Golden Judgment 9 hours ago
- Creditors Force Sale of Walter Quinn's Aspen Condo 9 hours ago
- At Least One Offer Pending on John Rogers Lakewood Mansion in NLR 9 hours ago