Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- CEO, CFO See Annual Compensation Decline at Acxiom 1 day ago
- At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-Made Goods 3 days ago
- Saline Memorial Completes Partnership with RCCH HealthCare 10 hours ago
- Visa Countersues Wal-Mart in Dispute Over Debit Cards 2 days ago
- Gene Whisenhunt Named President, CEO of Hickingbotham Investments 1 day ago