Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 3 days ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 3 days ago
- Charles Morgan to Entrepreneurs: Surround Yourself with Good People 19 hours ago
- Mark Pryor Takes Job with Venable 2 days ago
- Yellow Rocket Partners Aim to Build Restaurant Brands 3 days ago