Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Donna Smith Galchus of CGW&G Dies 12 hours ago
- PACE Financing Allows Aldersgate Apartments To Put Costs on Tax Bill 24 hours ago
- Rickenbach To Offer Low Risk Status for No Prison at Wednesday Sentencing 24 hours ago
- Chapel Ridge Complex Houses $8M Transaction (Real Deals) 24 hours ago
- Tally of Largest Commercial Building Projects in Arkansas Hits $2.4 Billion 24 hours ago