Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- TV Host Matt Mosler Announces Departure from KARK 8 hours ago
- Our Community, Our Dollars Ends Efforts in Faulkner, Craighead Counties 1 day ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Acquires Intervest Bancshares Corp. In $228.5M Deal 11 hours ago
- Judge Rules Allens Inc. Must Pay $2M Claim 8 hours ago
- Agronomic Innovations Purchases AgRobotics of Little Rock 9 hours ago