Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Asa Hutchinson Names Mike Preston as New AEDC Director 10 hours ago
- Incentives Boost Pay for Bank of the Ozarks' Executives 12 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson Says He'd Sign Religious Protection Bill 9 hours ago
- Lindsey's Resort Closes Amid $3M Foreclosure Lawsuit 3 days ago
- 2 Murphy USA Executives See Total Compensation Rise 1 day ago