Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- 25 Years After the Arkansas Gazette's Closing, Veterans Consider Consequences 13 hours ago
- Charles Morgan Sues Partner in Lotus Auto Deal 13 hours ago
- Madison Health & Rehab Draws $4M Transaction (Real Deals) 13 hours ago
- Scott Reed Faces New Foreclosure Over K Lofts 13 hours ago
- Property, Cash Included in One Bank's Settlement with BHL 13 hours ago