Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- ASU Discusses Osteopathic Medical School with NYIT 7 days ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 10 months ago
- #ARWX: Bitter Cold Remains in Arkansas Around After Ice Storm 22 mins ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 1 year ago