Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Technological Innovations Bring Profitable Changes to the Fayetteville Shale 2 days ago
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood 1 day ago
- Mark Pryor, John Boozman Introduce Bill to Help Farmers Affected by Turner Grain 21 hours ago
- South Arkansas Formation Proves Disappointing So Far 2 days ago
- Freight Brokerage Company to Open Lowell Facility 19 hours ago