Director of Health and State Health Officer
Arkansas Department of Health
In 2005, Dr. Paul Halverson became the director the Arkansas Department of Health, the state's primary public health agency. The agency is charged with protecting and improving the health of Arkansans. It employs nearly 5,000 people and has a budget of more than $400 million.
Halverson also serves as the secretary of the Arkansas State Board of Health and is a board member and a member of the executive committees of the Association of State & Territorial Health Officials and the Public Health Accreditation Board. He is also a professor at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He served for nearly seven years on the senior scientific staff at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.
- YRC CEO is Done Talking About That ABF Freight Takeover Offer
- More Trouble at David Henry's Plaza Towers
- Arkansas Times: Sources Say Martha Shoffner Source Is Steele Stephens
- Bloomberg Gun Control Group Targets Mark Pryor in TV Ad Invoking Bill Gwatney 1 day ago
- Mike Duke Among Top 50 Highest-Paid CEOs As Ranked by AP 2 days ago
- Federal Agents Sued After Raiding Bottled Water Employees, Confiscating Cellphones 2 months ago
- Majestic Hotel in Hot Springs for Sale 3 days ago
- Houston Company Forecloses on $5M Valley Falls Home 6 days ago