Richard Pierson began working at UAMS as hospital director in 1981. He became vice chancellor for clinical programs in 1986. Pierson has been active in the Arkansas and American hospital associations and the American Association of Medical Colleges. He serves on the board of QualChoice of Little Rock and on the Health Care Industry Council of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. The UAMS Medical Center reported $1.32 billion in patient revenue and with net income of $9 million for its 2011 fiscal year. That places it second on the 2012 Arkansas Business list of the state's largest hospitals by revenue.
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- Centennial Bank Acquires Florida Branches in FDIC-Assisted Deal 20 hours ago
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 3 days ago
- Update: Baptist Health-NLR Agrees to $2.7 Million Settlement for Medicare Billing Dispute 20 hours ago
- Book Excerpt: Charles Morgan on Jeff Ubben, Acxiom's Battle With ValueAct 1 day ago
- Cameron Smith, Karen Fetzer Named Top Executives at Arkansas Business of the Year Awards 1 day ago