In November 2009, Dr. Dan Rahn became the chancellor of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, which is Arkansas’ only academic health sciences center. It has patient care, education and research facilities across the state. UAMS is the state’s largest public employer with more than 10,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 physicians.
For its fiscal year that ended June 30, 2013, it had operating revenue of $1.16 billion. Before joining UAMS, Rahn was the president of the Medical College of Georgia and the senior vice chancellor for health and medical programs for the University System of Georgia.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Acxiom Asks Gov. Hutchinson to Veto HB1228 14 hours ago
- Return on Equity: Top 14 Performers Dot Arkansas 1 day ago
- #HB1228 Advances to House, Could Come Up Tuesday 19 hours ago
- DIS Director Mark Myers on Arkansas' Top Cybersecurity Threat 1 day ago
- Arkansas Legislator Drops Proposal to Ban California Wine 16 hours ago