In November 2009, Dr. Dan Rahn became the chancellor of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, which is Arkansas’ only academic health sciences center. It has patient care, education and research facilities across the state. UAMS is the state’s largest public employer with more than 10,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 physicians.
For its fiscal year that ended June 30, 2013, it had operating revenue of $1.16 billion. Before joining UAMS, Rahn was the president of the Medical College of Georgia and the senior vice chancellor for health and medical programs for the University System of Georgia.
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- Maumelle Warehouse Attracts $11.2M Sale (Real Deals) 6 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 6 hours ago
- Baptist Health Struck With Buyer's Remorse Over WLR School Deal 6 hours ago
- One Bank Takes Claims Against David Crews to Federal Bankruptcy Court 6 hours ago