In November 2009, Dr. Dan Rahn became the chancellor of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, which is Arkansas’ only academic health sciences center. It has patient care, education and research facilities across the state. UAMS is the state’s largest public employer with more than 10,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 physicians.
For its fiscal year that ended June 30, 2013, it had operating revenue of $1.16 billion. Before joining UAMS, Rahn was the president of the Medical College of Georgia and the senior vice chancellor for health and medical programs for the University System of Georgia.
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Zombies Beware: Pine Bluff Is Rising 2 days ago
- Homer's Restaurant Family Feud Heats Up 2 days ago
- Majestic Fire Prompts Splash of Hot Springs Development 2 days ago
- Conway Booms, Setting Retail Records 2 days ago
- Pair of Apartments Produce $60.6M Sale (Real Deals) 2 days ago