In November 2009, Dr. Dan Rahn became the chancellor of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, which is Arkansas’ only academic health sciences center. It has patient care, education and research facilities across the state. UAMS is the state’s largest public employer with more than 10,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 physicians.
For its fiscal year that ended June 30, 2013, it had operating revenue of $1.16 billion. Before joining UAMS, Rahn was the president of the Medical College of Georgia and the senior vice chancellor for health and medical programs for the University System of Georgia.
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Report: US Truckers Generated Record $700B in Revenue Last Year
- Big Companies, Big Revenue: 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas Worth $32.8B 23 hours ago
- Someone's Son Is Dead (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 23 hours ago
- Receiver Recovers John Rogers Photos Posted For Sale on eBay 23 hours ago
- Lindsey Co. Faces Changing Market as Golf Course Demand Drops 12 months ago
- Grainster's Big Announcement Delayed Until Further Notice 23 hours ago