In November 2009, Dr. Dan Rahn became the chancellor of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, which is Arkansas’ only academic health sciences center. It has patient care, education and research facilities across the state. UAMS is the state’s largest public employer with more than 10,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 physicians.
For its fiscal year that ended June 30, 2013, it had operating revenue of $1.16 billion. Before joining UAMS, Rahn was the president of the Medical College of Georgia and the senior vice chancellor for health and medical programs for the University System of Georgia.
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Wal-Mart Asks Suppliers for Lower Prices, Fewer Ads
- Former Jennings Osborne Homes Getting New Owners 18 hours ago
- Acme Files New Suit Against Chambers in Branch Tussle 18 hours ago
- Beer Wholesale Companies Consolidate to Form O'Connor Distributing 7 hours ago
- Denver Firm Pays $6M For Westgate Center (Real Deals) 18 hours ago
- Northwest Arkansas Transforming Into a Tech Hub 18 hours ago