In November 2009, Dr. Dan Rahn became the chancellor of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, which is Arkansas’ only academic health sciences center. It has patient care, education and research facilities across the state. UAMS is the state’s largest public employer with more than 10,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 physicians.
For its fiscal year that ended June 30, 2013, it had operating revenue of $1.16 billion. Before joining UAMS, Rahn was the president of the Medical College of Georgia and the senior vice chancellor for health and medical programs for the University System of Georgia.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Arkansas Business Honors 'Best Places to Work' 12 hours ago
- Harrison Bank Files Lawsuit Against Dennis Smiley 15 hours ago
- Mike Ross, Asa Hutchinson Square Off in Televised Debate 15 hours ago
- UCA Moves Forward with Feasibility Study on Mixed-Use Development 12 hours ago
- Arkansas Tech to Offer MSBA Degree Online 1 day ago