John Selig became director of the Arkansas Department of Human Services in 2005. DHS provides a wide range of social services to almost 1 million Arkansans each year through its programs and private providers. Some of the major programs DHS handles include Medicaid and the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. DHS is the largest department of the executive branch of state government and has an annual budget of more than $7.3 billion and more than 7,300 employees.
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Yellow Rocket Partners Aim to Build Restaurant Brands 1 day ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 19 hours ago
- Celgene Corp. Gives $10M to UAMS Myeloma Institute 17 hours ago
- Two Big Apartment Buys Expected in Benton County 1 day ago
- O'Reilly Hospitality Buys Holiday Inn, Boston's Restaurant Near Airport 15 hours ago