President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Boone County Airport Board Selects Contour Airlines for EAS
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- Ross Family Gives $1M to Baptist Preparatory School 1 day ago
- Governor Wants to Move War Memorial Under Parks And Tourism 1 day ago
- Bart Hester Proposes $105M Income Tax Cut 9 hours ago
- Planned Bank Buy Not First Time for Pinnacle, Central to Consider Merger 3 days ago
- Employers Seek Hires With Soft Abilities Like Attitude, Teamwork 3 days ago