President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Eminent Domain Rights Dusted Off as Pipelines Trace Path Across Arkansas 1 day ago
- Markham Square Draws $11.1M Transaction (Real Deals) 1 day ago
- FOI Request for Solicitor General Applications Turned Down by AG 1 day ago
- TAC Air to Build New Terminal at Little Rock Airport 12 hours ago
- Arkansas Hospital Execs' Pay Below Regional Average 1 day ago