President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- First Waterfowler Hall of Fame Class Inducted 1 day ago
- Post-Castro, Cubans Can Look Forward to the Future (Ed Kardas Commentary) 1 day ago
- SPONSORED: Roots Run Deep at Landmark K. Hall & Sons 4 days ago
- Where Americans Found Jobs: Offices, Clinics, Construction 1 day ago
- Moses Tucker Real Estate Manager Retires 6 days ago