President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Stone Ward's Danny Koteras Reviews Super Bowl Ads
- Outlets at Little Rock to Mark Grand Opening on Oct. 16 5 days ago
- What's It Worth to You? (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 7 days ago
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 4 days ago
- Update: Baptist Health-NLR Agrees to $2.7 Million Settlement for Medicare Billing Dispute 2 days ago
- Centennial Bank Acquires Florida Branches in FDIC-Assisted Deal 2 days ago