President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 1 day ago
- In Retirement, Mike McFarland Swings for the Fences 1 day ago
- Northwest Arkansas' Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 1 day ago
- Inside New Overtime Regulations, Traps to Avoid, How to Prepare (Stuart Jackson Commentary) 6 days ago
- Sweet Home Farm Bought for $4.5 Million 1 day ago