President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Gaillardia Club Woes Spawned Phil Herrington Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Horton Family Gives $1M to Arkansas Children's Northwest 17 hours ago
- Randy Alexander, McKay & Co. Owner, Dies at 71 16 hours ago
- At Least One Offer Pending on John Rogers Lakewood Mansion in NLR 1 day ago
- Creditors Force Sale of Walter Quinn's Aspen Condo 1 day ago