President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame Inducts 10 for 2017 Class 1 day ago
- Dealership Acquisitions Fuel McLarty Automotive Group 2 days ago
- Stephens Inc. Launches Film Series On Heroes of Capitalism 21 hours ago
- UA-Little Rock Adds Two to Leadership Team 24 hours ago
- Update: Heartland, Onebanc End 1Q in the Red 2 days ago