President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Update: Tyson Foods to Put 300 Workers in Downtown Springdale 5 hours ago
- John Selig to Step Down from DHS at Year's End 8 hours ago
- Outlets of Little Rock Nears Opening, Announces 14 More Retailers 1 day ago
- Steve Parks Sentenced to 27 Months for Tax Credit Fraud 1 day ago
- Acxiom Confirms Layoffs in Little Rock, Conway 1 day ago