President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- John James Wants to Turn Old Post Office into Startup Hub
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Familiar Face Leads Bank of the Ozarks In Carolinas 4 days ago
- Update: Legislature OKs Bill for $87M Lockheed Martin Incentive 2 hours ago
- Fired Arkansas Treasurer's Office Employee Files Defamation Lawsuit 17 hours ago
- King Coal CEO Stephen Parks Pleads Guilty to Wire Fraud 2 days ago
- Affordable Care Act Pushes Up Revenue for Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield 4 days ago