President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 3 hours ago
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Simmons Foods to Close Northeast Oklahoma Poultry Plant 6 hours ago
- #ARPX: What to Watch on Election Day (Robert Coon & Blake Rutherford On Politics) 22 hours ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago