President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Relyance, Citizens Banks Plan Hot Springs Branches 2 days ago
- Are 401(k) Costs Fair? Firms Can Analyze Fees 2 days ago
- Dale Cole on the Next 20 Years of First Community Bank of Batesville 2 days ago
- State Chamber Drafting Bill to Clarify Marijuana Law for Employers 2 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Posts Record 4Q, Yearly Net Income 22 hours ago