President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Hutchinson, AEDC Launch 'Arkansas Inc.' to Recruit, Retain Companies 1 day ago
- In Fort Smith, Developers Eye $5M Revamp of Historic Ward-Garrison Building 1 day ago
- StudioMAIN Developing LR Financial Quarter 5 days ago
- Arkansas GOP, Having Embraced Term Limits, Is Now Conflicted 1 day ago
- Tyson Foods Stock Jumps on Record 1Q Earnings 9 hours ago