President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 13 hours ago
- What Commuters Can Expect When the Broadway Bridge Closes Wednesday 18 hours ago
- UAMS Cures RxResults' One-Sided Contract 2 days ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 2 days ago
- McLarty Automotive Plans $10M Dealership in Benton 7 days ago