President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Dromborg Castle in Fayetteville for Sale — for $9.7M 12 hours ago
- After Boom in Shale, Arkansas Gas Industry Faces Halt in Drilling 12 hours ago
- Farmland Produces $4.5M Transaction (Real Deals) 12 hours ago
- KARN Reporter Donna Kelley Dies at 66 4 hours ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 12 hours ago