President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Wal-Mart Asks Suppliers for Lower Prices, Fewer Ads
- Cable TV Adapting To New Realities 2 days ago
- Northwest Arkansas Transforming Into a Tech Hub 2 days ago
- Former Jennings Osborne Homes Getting New Owners 2 days ago
- Diane Gilleland on the 'Dramatic Change' of a Diverse Board of Directors 8 hours ago
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 2 days ago