President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Lawsuit, Liens Hit Scott Reed's Main Street Projects 2 days ago
- J.B. Hunt Sues Software Company 2 days ago
- Nightmare on Main Street (U.S. Reps. French Hill and Stephen Fincher Commentary) 5 hours ago
- State Chamber Investigation Follows Resignation of SVP Susie Marks 2 days ago
- Weighing Private Option Boost, Medicare Cuts To Scale Uncompensated Care 2 days ago