President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 3 days ago
- Startup Apptegy Aims to Improve School Communication 3 days ago
- Bank of Augusta Adopts New Name: RiverWind 2 days ago
- Arkansas Highway Construction Projects Back On 20 hours ago
- Appeal Court Upholds Decision to Toss K. Vaughn Knight Convictions 19 hours ago