President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- 10 Years Later, Case of M. David Howell's Ponzi Scheme Nears End 2 years ago
- Matt Lile Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement, Agrees to 1-Year Prison Sentence 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Mike Ross, Asa Hutchinson Spar over Tax Cuts, Ads in Debate 2 days ago
- Site Work Starts on Outlet Mall in West Little Rock 3 months ago