President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Sherwood, Pulaski County Sued Over Hot Check Court Fines, Arrests 2 days ago
- Group Asks Arkansas Court to Block Medical Marijuana Measure 7 hours ago
- LRCVB Moves Ahead on Deal for Cromwell Building 24 hours ago
- Issue 3: A Job-Luring Amendment, or Corporate Welfare? 4 days ago
- Cornelius Schnitzler: Air Industry Lifts Arkansas in Berlin 4 days ago