President and CEO
Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Jay Chesshir began his career at the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2005, serving as economic development vice president, senior staff executive for Fifty for the Future and executive director of the Metro Little Rock Alliance.
He was promoted to president and CEO in 2006 and was named Arkansas Economic Developer of the Year. During his tenure as president and CEO, the chamber has overseen almost $1.7 billion in new and expanded capital investment in the region, accounting for more than 12,500 new jobs and $457 million in annual payroll.
He has helped attract Welspun and Man Industries, both of Mumbai, India, and LM Glasfiber of Denmark to the Port of Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Incentives Boost Pay for Bank of the Ozarks' Executives 20 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Lindsey's Resort Closes Amid $3M Foreclosure Lawsuit 4 days ago
- Nucor Files Appeal Notice Filed In Its Lawsuit Against Big River Steel 4 days ago
- Windstream Board Gives Final Approval for REIT 19 hours ago