Chief Economist and State Forecaster
Institute for Economic Advancement, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Before arriving in Little Rock in 2009, Michael Pakko spent 16 years as a research economist and officer at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, where he published research on a variety of topics, including international trade, economic growth, macroeconomics and public policy.
In addition to his research and forecasting responsibilities at IEA — including the annual Arkansas Economic Forecast Conference — Pakko is an adjunct professor at the UALR College of Business, and he is an active blogger at ArkansasEconomist.com.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- 'What If We're Wrong?' (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 week ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 3 hours ago
- Work to Expand Arkansas 226, US 67 Speeds Toward August Finish 4 days ago
- Conner Eldridge Tests State's Gun Stance in Senate Bid (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 13 hours ago
- Update: No Action on Lawyer Sanctions; Holmes Rethinking Finding of 'Bad Faith' 3 days ago