Chief Economist and State Forecaster
Institute for Economic Advancement, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Before arriving in Little Rock in 2009, Michael Pakko spent 16 years as a research economist and officer at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, where he published research on a variety of topics, including international trade, economic growth, macroeconomics and public policy.
In addition to his research and forecasting responsibilities at IEA — including the annual Arkansas Economic Forecast Conference — Pakko is an adjunct professor at the UALR College of Business, and he is an active blogger at ArkansasEconomist.com.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- State Supreme Court Denies Alltel Motion for Arbitration 21 hours ago
- Beaudet Aviation to Land at Little Rock, Create 75 Jobs 2 days ago
- U.S. Marshals Museum Gets $5M Pledge 21 hours ago
- Arkansas' Higher Education Enrollment Down 1 Percent 22 hours ago
- Arkansas Tech to Offer MSBA Degree Online 17 hours ago