Chief Economist and State Forecaster
Institute for Economic Advancement, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Before arriving in Little Rock in 2009, Michael Pakko spent 16 years as a research economist and officer at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, where he published research on a variety of topics, including international trade, economic growth, macroeconomics and public policy.
In addition to his research and forecasting responsibilities at IEA — including the annual Arkansas Economic Forecast Conference — Pakko is an adjunct professor at the UALR College of Business, and he is an active blogger at ArkansasEconomist.com.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Husqvarna to Add Solar Power at Nashville Plant 2 days ago
- In South Arkansas, Solar Power Is Hot 2 days ago
- Tyson Names George Chappelle Chief Integration Officer 2 days ago
- Arkansas Business' 25 Wealthiest Arkansans (25th Anniversary) 8 years ago
- Dillard Family Members Paid $19 Million in 2013 3 years ago