Institute for Economic Advancement, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
In 2008, Jim Youngquist became director of the Institute for Economic Advancement in the College of Business at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. In his role at UALR, he leads the only university-based economic development outreach unit in Arkansas that has a statewide mission for research and technical assistance.
He has taken on initiatives that include economic development strategies and community development strategies for various regions of the state. Youngquist also works with the Governor's Task Force for the 21st Century Economy to expand economic opportunities across the state. He is a director with the SouthEast Regional Directors Institute, a professional development association for regional council executive directors and the councils in several Southern states.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- #ARWX: Mike Beebe Declares Statewide Emergency as Winter Storm Arrives 12 hours ago
- Arkansas Best to Close 30 Service Terminals 19 hours ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 2 days ago
- Greenbrier Space Balloon Launchers Among Innovation Center's Targeted Users 17 hours ago
- Stratton's Market Growing In Both Size and Offerings 4 days ago