Joel Anderson has been chancellor of UALR for 11 years. Before being elevated to the top campus-level administrative position, he was a political science professor who became the first dean of the graduate school.
His tenure as chancellor has been marked by the transformation of a “commuter college” into a traditional urban university that now requires freshmen to live in dormitories.
A native of Swifton (Jackson County), Anderson is a graduate of Harding College (now University) at Searcy, American University in Washington and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Arkansas Business Staff
- This Week in Tyson: EPA Investigates; Hillshire Deal Delayed Again
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- 8 Farmers File Fraud Lawsuit Against Turner Grain 2 days ago
- Company Plans $900M, 440-Mile Crude Oil Pipeline Across Arkansas 13 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Jonesboro Sun Says Police Chief Bullied Reporter 18 hours ago
- Highland Pellets to Build $130M Plant in Pine Bluff 2 days ago