Joel Anderson has been chancellor of UALR for 11 years. Before being elevated to the top campus-level administrative position, he was a political science professor who became the first dean of the graduate school.
His tenure as chancellor has been marked by the transformation of a “commuter college” into a traditional urban university that now requires freshmen to live in dormitories.
A native of Swifton (Jackson County), Anderson is a graduate of Harding College (now University) at Searcy, American University in Washington and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- First Waterfowler Hall of Fame Class Inducted 2 days ago
- UCA Announces $1M Endowment for Study Abroad Programs 3 weeks ago
- Business Equipment: Leases vs. Loans (Marcus Guinn Expert Advice) 6 days ago
- Employers Seek Hires With Soft Abilities Like Attitude, Teamwork 1 month ago
- Nine Nursing Homes in Arkansas Wrapped in $55 Million Deal 6 days ago