Joel Anderson has been chancellor of UALR for 11 years. Before being elevated to the top campus-level administrative position, he was a political science professor who became the first dean of the graduate school.
His tenure as chancellor has been marked by the transformation of a “commuter college” into a traditional urban university that now requires freshmen to live in dormitories.
A native of Swifton (Jackson County), Anderson is a graduate of Harding College (now University) at Searcy, American University in Washington and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Metro Builders Property Weighs In at $3.8 Million (Real Deals) 2 days ago
- Queen Wilhelmina Lodge to Reopen in Spring 5 hours ago
- Scooter Stuart's Tainted Assets Draw More Fire 2 days ago
- Simmons First Completes Delta Trust Acquisition 8 hours ago
- Newly Insured 'Private Option' Arkansans Present Challenges, Opportunities 2 days ago