Joel Anderson has been chancellor of UALR for 11 years. Before being elevated to the top campus-level administrative position, he was a political science professor who became the first dean of the graduate school.
His tenure as chancellor has been marked by the transformation of a “commuter college” into a traditional urban university that now requires freshmen to live in dormitories.
A native of Swifton (Jackson County), Anderson is a graduate of Harding College (now University) at Searcy, American University in Washington and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Land in the Rock Program Helps Interns Connect, Plug Into City 6 days ago
- 2 Banks Join Arkansas Business' Largest Private Companies List 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 4 years ago
- 1836 Club Looking Forward to Lifetime of 'Sustainable' Luxury 1 day ago
- Consultant Allen Engstrom on the Biggest Mistake Small Businesses Should Avoid 1 day ago