Joel Anderson has been chancellor of UALR for 11 years. Before being elevated to the top campus-level administrative position, he was a political science professor who became the first dean of the graduate school.
His tenure as chancellor has been marked by the transformation of a “commuter college” into a traditional urban university that now requires freshmen to live in dormitories.
A native of Swifton (Jackson County), Anderson is a graduate of Harding College (now University) at Searcy, American University in Washington and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Beaudet Aviation to Land at Little Rock, Create 75 Jobs 3 hours ago
- Hanna Still Believes in Arkoma Basin's Future 3 days ago
- Mark Pryor, John Boozman Introduce Bill to Help Farmers Affected by Turner Grain 1 day ago
- Freight Brokerage Company to Open Lowell Facility 23 hours ago
- Leaders Say New School District Will Boost Businesses in Jacksonville 4 hours ago