Joel Anderson has been chancellor of UALR for 11 years. Before being elevated to the top campus-level administrative position, he was a political science professor who became the first dean of the graduate school.
His tenure as chancellor has been marked by the transformation of a “commuter college” into a traditional urban university that now requires freshmen to live in dormitories.
A native of Swifton (Jackson County), Anderson is a graduate of Harding College (now University) at Searcy, American University in Washington and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Last Reporter, John Lyon, Is Laid Off at Arkansas News Bureau 16 hours ago
- DF&A Names Scott Hardin Communications Director 19 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Making Its Mark as Bank of the Nation 1 day ago
- JB Hunt Buys Special Logistics Dedicated LLC for $136M 4 days ago
- Breathtaking Hypocrisy (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 day ago