Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Having lost the race for lieutenant governor in 2011, Shane Broadway was hired by his former Senate colleague Mike Beebe to manage the Department of Higher Education even though he did not have the on-campus academic background that state law required.
His title was interim director until last November, after a legislative change in the language of the law and a national search for a permanent appointee to finish out a little more than a year of Beebe’s final term as governor. Like other political appointees on the Power List, Broadway’s tenure is guaranteed only until a new governor is sworn in next January.
Broadway, of Bryant, is a graduate of Arkansas State University at Jonesboro. He spent three terms in the state House of Representatives, including a stint as speaker, and two terms in the Senate.
Arkansas Business Staff
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 22 hours ago
- Senate Votes to Continue 'Private Option,' Form Task Force 19 hours ago
- Three Tech Firms Moving to Downtown Conway, Plan to Hire 140 18 hours ago
- UAMS Startup Receives $14.5M to Help Drug Users Break Addiction 18 hours ago