Former state Sen. Shane Broadway's fast-track political career was sidelined in November, when the Republican tide that swept the state killed his hopes for becoming lieutenant governor in 2011. But he quickly bounced back into government by being hired in January as deputy director of the Arkansas Department of Higher Education, just in time for its director, Jim Purcell, to be lured away by the state of Louisiana in February. He is now interim director of the department.
Broadway, of Bryant, is a graduate of Arkansas State University at Jonesboro. He was a champion of education during three terms in the state House of Representatives, including a stint as speaker, and two terms in the Senate. He previously served as chairman of the education committee of the Southern Legislative Conference and was appointed to the advisory board of the Southern Regional Educational Board in 2007.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson Rides Up High in His Super Truck 6 years ago
- Simmons First 1Q Profit Down 27 Percent 18 hours ago
- Indian Uprising: Arkansas State Pays Final Tribute To Mascot 6 years ago
- Boyle Building in Little Rock Will Carry Aloft Hotel Banner 4 days ago