G. David Gearhart
Dave Gearhart marked his eighth anniversary as chancellor of the University of Arkansas’ flagship campus at the beginning of this month, and it’s probably safe to say the last year of it was the roughest.
The discovery two years ago of a multimillion-dollar budgeting error in the Advancement Division led to investigations that ended this summer with no criminal charges but considerable damage to the UA’s reputation.
Gearhart is a Fayetteville native who earned his bachelor’s degree at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri, then a doctorate in education and a law degree from the University of Arkansas.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Update: No Action on Lawyer Sanctions; Holmes Rethinking Finding of 'Bad Faith' 12 hours ago
- Crisis or Speed Bump? What Brexit Vote Means for World Economy 11 hours ago
- Two Former Walmart Express Stores to Reopen As Harps 1 day ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2016 5 days ago
- Casino Campaign Announces Deal With Cherokee Nation 1 day ago