G. David Gearhart
Dave Gearhart marked his eighth anniversary as chancellor of the University of Arkansas’ flagship campus at the beginning of this month, and it’s probably safe to say the last year of it was the roughest.
The discovery two years ago of a multimillion-dollar budgeting error in the Advancement Division led to investigations that ended this summer with no criminal charges but considerable damage to the UA’s reputation.
Gearhart is a Fayetteville native who earned his bachelor’s degree at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri, then a doctorate in education and a law degree from the University of Arkansas.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Arkansas Business Presents 2014's 'The New Influentials: 20 In Their 20s' 13 hours ago
- 8 Former Delta Trust Employees Flock to Eagle Bank 13 hours ago
- Landers Auto Dealership Drives $22.1M Toyota Sale (Real Deals) 13 hours ago
- Southern Rice & Cotton Says Turner Grain Bounced Million-Dollar Check 13 hours ago
- Argenta Community Development Corp. Weighs Its Future 13 hours ago