G. David Gearhart
Dave Gearhart marked his eighth anniversary as chancellor of the University of Arkansas’ flagship campus at the beginning of this month, and it’s probably safe to say the last year of it was the roughest.
The discovery two years ago of a multimillion-dollar budgeting error in the Advancement Division led to investigations that ended this summer with no criminal charges but considerable damage to the UA’s reputation.
Gearhart is a Fayetteville native who earned his bachelor’s degree at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri, then a doctorate in education and a law degree from the University of Arkansas.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Boone County Airport Board Selects Contour Airlines for EAS
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- Arkansas Court Disqualifies Medical Marijuana Proposal, Issue 7 5 hours ago
- Two Financial Centre Sold for $11.3M 5 hours ago
- Arkansas Scientist Pleads in Rice Seed Theft Case 7 hours ago
- Mini Golf Owner Accused of Putting Money Away from Judgment 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Pushes Customer Service for Holiday; Target Stresses Value 7 hours ago