G. David Gearhart
Dave Gearhart marked his eighth anniversary as chancellor of the University of Arkansas’ flagship campus at the beginning of this month, and it’s probably safe to say the last year of it was the roughest.
The discovery two years ago of a multimillion-dollar budgeting error in the Advancement Division led to investigations that ended this summer with no criminal charges but considerable damage to the UA’s reputation.
Gearhart is a Fayetteville native who earned his bachelor’s degree at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri, then a doctorate in education and a law degree from the University of Arkansas.
Arkansas Business Staff
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 3 days ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 3 days ago