G. David Gearhart
Dave Gearhart marked his eighth anniversary as chancellor of the University of Arkansas’ flagship campus at the beginning of this month, and it’s probably safe to say the last year of it was the roughest.
The discovery two years ago of a multimillion-dollar budgeting error in the Advancement Division led to investigations that ended this summer with no criminal charges but considerable damage to the UA’s reputation.
Gearhart is a Fayetteville native who earned his bachelor’s degree at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri, then a doctorate in education and a law degree from the University of Arkansas.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- TV Host Matt Mosler Announces Departure from KARK 7 hours ago
- Our Community, Our Dollars Ends Efforts in Faulkner, Craighead Counties 23 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Acquires Intervest Bancshares Corp. In $228.5M Deal 9 hours ago
- Judge Rules Allens Inc. Must Pay $2M Claim 6 hours ago
- Agronomic Innovations Purchases AgRobotics of Little Rock 8 hours ago