Arkansas Education Department
Tom Kimbrell grew up in Corning, where his father was superintendent of schools. He earned his bachelor's degree in education at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, then a master's and doctorate in education at Arkansas State University in Jonesboro. His career path started as a teacher and coach in Paragould and Pocahontas, director of fiscal services for the Pocahontas School District, superintendent of the Paragould and North Little Rock districts, and four years as executive director of the Arkansas Association of Educational Administrators. He succeeded Ken James as director of the Arkansas Education Department in September 2009.
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Mark Pryor Takes Job with Venable 14 hours ago
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 2 days ago
- Yellow Rocket Partners Aim to Build Restaurant Brands 2 days ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 1 day ago
- Franchises Still Rule the Roost of Top Restaurants in the State by Receipts 2 days ago