After a few months as an adviser to then-Chancellor John A. White, Ohio native Jeff Long succeeded the legendary Frank Broyles as athletic director of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in January 2008. But he solidified his own status — and his contract — with an emotional performance in April 2012 in which he announced the firing of Bobby Petrino, the man he had hand-picked as head coach of the Razorbacks football team.
Long earned a degree in economics in 1982 from Ohio Wesleyan, where he lettered in football and baseball, and a master’s in education at Miami University of Ohio in 1983. He was athletic director for the University of Pittsburgh prior to joining the UA.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening 11 hours ago
- Parents Sue Fayetteville School District Over Girls' Sports 3 days ago
- Murphy Oil Makes Executive Changes 1 day ago
- Tim Griffin: Changes Needed to Common Core Standards 1 day ago
- AEDC Director's Wife Hired as Anchor for SSN Media 3 days ago