After a few months as an adviser to then-Chancellor John A. White, Ohio native Jeff Long succeeded the legendary Frank Broyles as athletic director of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in January 2008. But he solidified his own status — and his contract — with an emotional performance in April 2012 in which he announced the firing of Bobby Petrino, the man he had hand-picked as head coach of the Razorbacks football team.
Long earned a degree in economics in 1982 from Ohio Wesleyan, where he lettered in football and baseball, and a master’s in education at Miami University of Ohio in 1983. He was athletic director for the University of Pittsburgh prior to joining the UA.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Rock Capital to Develop $16M-$17M Downtown Little Rock Hotel 2 days ago
- ArFuture Grants To Help Fill High-Demand Jobs 2 weeks ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Having a Hot Time in Chicago 7 days ago
- Solfuels Buys Plant In Helena-West Helena, Will Bring 15 Jobs 2 months ago
- Arkansas Nonprofit News Network Aiming for Impact 7 days ago