After a few months as an adviser to then-Chancellor John A. White, Ohio native Jeff Long succeeded the legendary Frank Broyles as athletic director of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in January 2008. But he solidified his own status — and his contract — with an emotional performance in April 2012 in which he announced the firing of Bobby Petrino, the man he had hand-picked as head coach of the Razorbacks football team.
Long earned a degree in economics in 1982 from Ohio Wesleyan, where he lettered in football and baseball, and a master’s in education at Miami University of Ohio in 1983. He was athletic director for the University of Pittsburgh prior to joining the UA.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Gov.-elect Asa Hutchinson Begins Bureaucrat Shuffle 12 hours ago
- Red Lobsters Serve Up $8.4M Transaction (Real Deals) 12 hours ago
- Steele Stephens Could Still Face Fines over Shoffner Bribes 12 hours ago
- Fayetteville Anti-bias Ordinance Splits City, Chamber 12 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago