After a few months as an adviser to then-Chancellor John A. White, Ohio native Jeff Long succeeded the legendary Frank Broyles as athletic director of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in January 2008. But he solidified his own status — and his contract — with an emotional performance in April 2012 in which he announced the firing of Bobby Petrino, the man he had hand-picked as head coach of the Razorbacks football team.
Long earned a degree in economics in 1982 from Ohio Wesleyan, where he lettered in football and baseball, and a master’s in education at Miami University of Ohio in 1983. He was athletic director for the University of Pittsburgh prior to joining the UA.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Club Fed: Ex-Inmates, Lawyers Describe Reality of Life Behind Bars 4 years ago
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 7 days ago
- Update: Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016, Join GenWealth 5 days ago
- Update: Tech Park, Richard Mays Settle on Price 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago