Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- First Waterfowler Hall of Fame Class Inducted 2 days ago
- UCA Announces $1M Endowment for Study Abroad Programs 3 weeks ago
- Business Equipment: Leases vs. Loans (Marcus Guinn Expert Advice) 7 days ago
- Arkansas Agency Begins Drafting Medical Marijuana Rules 4 days ago
- SPONSORED: Roots Run Deep at Landmark K. Hall & Sons 5 days ago