Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Conway Booms, Setting Retail Records 3 days ago
- Arkansas Panel Backs Gun Ban at Stadiums After SEC Plea 1 day ago
- Arkansans Respond to Clean Power Plan Rollback 8 hours ago
- An Out-of-State Ad Firm for Arkansas Tourism? Unlikely, but Possible 3 days ago
- Zombies Beware: Pine Bluff Is Rising 3 days ago