Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- In South Arkansas, Solar Power Is Hot 3 hours ago
- Arkansas State University to Expand Football Stadium 5 hours ago
- Home Prices: Luxury and Otherwise 5 days ago
- Central Arkansas Office Sector on Slow But Positive Curve 5 days ago
- TV Academy Chapter to Honor Pitcock, Foley, Long and Short 2 days ago