Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Widespread Growth Seen in Northwest Arkansas 1 week ago
- Windstream Spinoff CS&L to Begin Trading on Monday 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- USA Truck CEO Paid $1.4M in Total Compensation in 2014 3 days ago
- Oxane Materials Facing More Heat from Lawsuits 1 week ago