Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Adviser's Cash Withdrawals Lead Feds to Sportsbook in Rogers 6 days ago
- Developers Seek Creative Buyer for Old Paragould Power Plant 2 days ago
- Indian Mall Site in Jonesboro Sold to Memphis Group; Redevelopment Planned 1 day ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame: Dr. Joanna Seibert, Health Care Pioneer 6 days ago
- America's Car-Mart CEO Henderson Announces Retirement 2 days ago