Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Farmers & Merchants of Stuttgart To Buy Bank of Fayetteville 4 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Tops Bank Performance Scorecard 23 hours ago
- Lee Rudofsky Hired as State's Solicitor General 20 hours ago
- Sean Rochelle to Leave Executive Director Post at Razorback Foundation 23 hours ago
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening 2 days ago