Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Update: Gene Cauley's Death Ruled Suicide 2 weeks ago
- Traveling the Globe in Search of Jobs (Mike Preston Commentary) 6 days ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Gets $25.6M Pay Package 2 years ago
- NFL's Darren McFadden Learns Lesson From Financial Fumble 2 weeks ago
- Tacos 4 Life to Open Restaurant in Little Rock 2 days ago