Chuck Welch, president of the Arkansas State University System, has made an amazing ascent in higher education; it's only been three years since he was plucked from the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope to become president of Henderson State University at Arkadelphia.
A native of Jonesboro, Welch is the first member of his family to attend college. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master's degree from George Washington University in Washington, D.C., and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He has previously worked for ASU-Beebe and Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Drones Take Place of News Choppers 5 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- $42.6 Million Transaction Visits Foothills Apartments (Real Deals) 5 hours ago
- Slim Chickens' Goal: By 2025, 600 Outlets 5 hours ago
- Changing Business Models in Midair 5 hours ago