Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Report: FBI Investigating Turner Grain
- Student Entrepreneur's Doughnut Holes Available Soon at Spokes
- Video: Turner Grain Paid Farmer for Wheat But Not Corn
- Metro Builders Property Weighs In at $3.8 Million (Real Deals) 1 day ago
- Greenway Picks 7 John Deere Dealerships in $112M Buy 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Newly Insured 'Private Option' Arkansans Present Challenges, Opportunities 1 day ago
- Car-Mart Stays the Course in Low-Interest Environment 1 day ago