Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Arkansas Lawmakers Say They'll Move Quickly on Tax Cut 4 days ago
- UALR Sports Enters 10-Year Multimedia Contract With Learfield 5 days ago
- Cara Boyd-Conners Moves to Davenport Law (Movers & Shakers) 7 hours ago
- Two Financial Centre Draws $11.3M Sale (Real Deals) 7 hours ago
- Canadian Company Buying Anthony Forest Products for $93.5M 1 year ago