Chuck Welch, president of the Arkansas State University System, has made an amazing ascent in higher education; it's only been three years since he was plucked from the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope to become president of Henderson State University at Arkadelphia.
A native of Jonesboro, Welch is the first member of his family to attend college. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master's degree from George Washington University in Washington, D.C., and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He has previously worked for ASU-Beebe and Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock.
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600
- Online Advertisers Back Mark Pryor, Other Democrats
- The Robinson Vote: A Rebuttal to Our Editorial by Mark Abernathy
- Bank Directors Predict More Mergers, Acquisitions in 2014 4 days ago
- Reuters Goes Inside Serco, the Obamacare Hub in Rogers That Employs 1,600 12 hours ago
- VIC Portfolio Company Announces Patent for Brain Health Product 12 hours ago
- Cooper Clinic Sues Mercy Over Recruitment Tactics 2 weeks ago
- Stuttgart Scientist Accused of Industrial Espionage 5 hours ago