Chuck Welch, a native of Jonesboro, was the first member of his family to attend college, but the college life definitely agreed with him.
He was chancellor of the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope, president of Henderson State University of Arkadelphia and then president of the Arkansas State University System by the time he was 38. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master’s degree from George Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Dillard's Investor Advises Company to Pursue REIT Spinoff
- Video: ARK Challenge Concludes Fourth Run in Little Rock
- The Hop Diner is Closing; At the Corner Opening in Its Place
- Grub's Bar & Grille Expands to Fort Smith 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Tyson CEO Donnie Smith: Hillshire Opens Door to More Growth 1 day ago
- Gov.-Elect Asa Hutchinson Asks 3 Directors To Stay 1 day ago
- 2 Courts Set To Take Up Gay Marriage In Arkansas 4 hours ago