Chuck Welch, president of the Arkansas State University System, has made an amazing ascent in higher education; it's only been three years since he was plucked from the University of Arkansas Community College at Hope to become president of Henderson State University at Arkadelphia.
A native of Jonesboro, Welch is the first member of his family to attend college. He was president of the student body as an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas and earned a master's degree from George Washington University in Washington, D.C., and a doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He has previously worked for ASU-Beebe and Pulaski Technical College in North Little Rock.
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Waltons Check in at No. 1 on Forbes 'Richest American Families' List
- Bill Simon Stepping Down As Leader of Wal-Mart's U.S. Stores 2 hours ago
- Mo Money, Uber Problems (Robert Coon On Politics) 21 hours ago
- NLR Sports Memorabilia Dealer John Rogers Sued for Missed Payment 3 days ago
- Josh Moody's Overwatch App Ready to Hit Market 18 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago