Baldwin & Shell Construction Co.
The company tallied 2010 revenue of more than $210 million, the biggest performance in its 64-year history. The achievement is even more notable because the firm has an Arkansas-only focus on projects. Bob Shell, president of the firm since 1983, continues to shun retirement as the firm adds to its string of record sales. Under his leadership, Baldwin & Shell pioneered construction management in Arkansas, leaving the bid market, and focused its energies on landing negotiated contracts. His tenure with the company dates back to 1953.
- Video: 'Arkansas Week' & the Arkansas Business Week in Review
- Mixed Expectations Ahead of Wal-Mart's 1Q Earnings
- Banks Ask Fed to Watch Wal-Mart's Financial Services More Closely
- At Annual Meeting, Dillard's Mulls What to Do With Cash 8 hours ago
- Troy Duke, L.R. Gardner Plan to Buy Bank of Rison 1 day ago
- Davy Carter Named EVP for Home BancShares 1 day ago
- NextGen Illumination Partners with Cherokee Nation for LED Manufacturing 2 days ago
- New UCA President Allen Meadors Called a Uniter 4 years ago