Fay Jones School of Architecture
Jeff Shannon began his career working at the firm of the late Fay Jones, school alumnus and a professor at the University of Arkansas institution eventually named for him.
In 1977, Shannon co-founded Polk Stanley Shannon in Little Rock, which has evolved into Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects. Shannon returned to the school in 1979 to teach architecture, becoming dean in 2000.
In December, he was chosen as one of the 25 "most admired educators" of 2011 in the November/December issue of DesignIntelligence. Under his leadership, the architecture school has gained national recognition. In 2008, the school was ranked 20th in the nation in the 10th Annual Survey of America's Best Architecture and Design Schools, a study conducted by the Design Futures Council.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Sprint to Add Regional HQ in Little Rock, 100 Jobs by Year's End 20 hours ago
- 10 Startups Chosen For FinTech Accelerator Launching May 16 3 days ago
- Walnut Ridge, Others See Development Boost from I-57 Designation 1 day ago
- ArcBest Swings to $6M 1Q Loss, Cites 'Sluggish' Manufacturing 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart's Greg Foran No. 1 In Exec Pay At $19.5M 5 months ago