Fay Jones School of Architecture
Jeff Shannon began his career working at the firm of the late Fay Jones, school alumnus and a professor at the University of Arkansas institution eventually named for him.
In 1977, Shannon co-founded Polk Stanley Shannon in Little Rock, which has evolved into Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects. Shannon returned to the school in 1979 to teach architecture, becoming dean in 2000.
In December, he was chosen as one of the 25 "most admired educators" of 2011 in the November/December issue of DesignIntelligence. Under his leadership, the architecture school has gained national recognition. In 2008, the school was ranked 20th in the nation in the 10th Annual Survey of America's Best Architecture and Design Schools, a study conducted by the Design Futures Council.
- Video: ASU Exploring On-Campus Hotel, Convention Center
- After Supremes' Decision, Womack Urges Congress to Act on Online Sales Tax
- WSJ Examines Mark Pryor, Tom Cotton Senate Race
- #ARWX: Mike Beebe Declares Statewide Emergency as Winter Storm Arrives 50 mins ago
- Update: John Stacks, Banker and Owner of Mountain Pure Water, Indicted on 11 Counts 2 days ago
- Arkansas Best to Close 30 Service Terminals 23 hours ago
- Stratton's Market Growing In Both Size and Offerings 4 days ago
- Goodwill to Open 9th Little Rock Store Next Week 16 hours ago