Fay Jones School of Architecture
Jeff Shannon began his career working at the firm of the late Fay Jones, school alumnus and a professor at the University of Arkansas institution eventually named for him.
In 1977, Shannon co-founded Polk Stanley Shannon in Little Rock, which has evolved into Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects. Shannon returned to the school in 1979 to teach architecture, becoming dean in 2000.
In December, he was chosen as one of the 25 "most admired educators" of 2011 in the November/December issue of DesignIntelligence. Under his leadership, the architecture school has gained national recognition. In 2008, the school was ranked 20th in the nation in the 10th Annual Survey of America's Best Architecture and Design Schools, a study conducted by the Design Futures Council.
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 3 days ago
- Startup Apptegy Aims to Improve School Communication 3 days ago
- Arkansas Highway Construction Projects Back On 22 hours ago
- Bank of Augusta Adopts New Name: RiverWind 2 days ago
- Seeco Unit to Pay $950K to Settle Mineral Trespass Claim in Arkansas 2 days ago