Fay Jones School of Architecture
Jeff Shannon began his career working at the firm of the late Fay Jones, school alumnus and a professor at the University of Arkansas institution eventually named for him.
In 1977, Shannon co-founded Polk Stanley Shannon in Little Rock, which has evolved into Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects. Shannon returned to the school in 1979 to teach architecture, becoming dean in 2000.
In December, he was chosen as one of the 25 "most admired educators" of 2011 in the November/December issue of DesignIntelligence. Under his leadership, the architecture school has gained national recognition. In 2008, the school was ranked 20th in the nation in the 10th Annual Survey of America's Best Architecture and Design Schools, a study conducted by the Design Futures Council.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Walton Family Foundation Gives $250M to Charters in Little Rock, 16 Other Cities 20 hours ago
- Hogs Get Slaughtered (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-Made Goods 21 hours ago
- After Boom in Shale, Arkansas Gas Industry Faces Halt in Drilling 2 days ago
- Dromborg Castle in Fayetteville for Sale — for $9.7M 2 days ago