Johnny Allison led Home BancShares on a buying spree fueled by a mix of FDIC-assisted transactions and conventional acquisitions that mushroomed total assets to about $7 billion supported by 149 branches across Arkansas, Florida and south Alabama. Last year’s purchase of Jonesboro’s Liberty Bancshares alone added $2.8 billion in assets. He was the catalyst to launch the company with the $27.7 million-asset Bank of Holly Grove (Monroe County) and take the company public with a $51 million IPO in 2006.
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Mark Pryor Takes Job with Venable 16 hours ago
- Yellow Rocket Partners Aim to Build Restaurant Brands 2 days ago
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 2 days ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 2 days ago
- Franchises Still Rule the Roost of Top Restaurants in the State by Receipts 2 days ago