Steve Cossé became Murphy Oil Corp.'s president and CEO in June 2012, immediately following the surprise resignation of his predecessor, David Wood. Cossé, who previously was executive vice president and general counsel, had retired from the company in March 2011 but remained on the board.
Cossé previously served as senior vice president and principal financial officer while maintaining his role as general counsel. Before that, he was general counsel for Ocean Drilling & Exploration Co. of New Orleans, a majority owned subsidiary of Murphy Oil.
Cossé is also on the board of Simmons First National Corp. of Pine Bluff. According to Simmons First's most recent proxy, Cossé also serves on the Arkansas Research Alliance of Conway and is chairman of the Share Foundation of El Dorado.
He is past chairman of the South Arkansas Chapter of the American Red Cross and is on the advisory board of Turning Point of El Dorado. He is a member of the Louisiana Bar Association, Arkansas Bar Association and Union County Bar Association.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 5 hours ago
- University of Arkansas Alumna Gives $600k to Alma Mater 1 day ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 5 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 2 hours ago
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 2 hours ago