Steve Cossé became Murphy Oil Corp.'s president and CEO in June 2012, immediately following the surprise resignation of his predecessor, David Wood. Cossé, who previously was executive vice president and general counsel, had retired from the company in March 2011 but remained on the board.
Cossé previously served as senior vice president and principal financial officer while maintaining his role as general counsel. Before that, he was general counsel for Ocean Drilling & Exploration Co. of New Orleans, a majority owned subsidiary of Murphy Oil.
Cossé is also on the board of Simmons First National Corp. of Pine Bluff. According to Simmons First's most recent proxy, Cossé also serves on the Arkansas Research Alliance of Conway and is chairman of the Share Foundation of El Dorado.
He is past chairman of the South Arkansas Chapter of the American Red Cross and is on the advisory board of Turning Point of El Dorado. He is a member of the Louisiana Bar Association, Arkansas Bar Association and Union County Bar Association.
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Parents Sue Fayetteville School District Over Girls' Sports 7 days ago
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Eyes Northwest Arkansas 2 days ago
- Gearhart Leaves after 7 Years Leading University of Arkansas 2 hours ago
- Wal-Mart's 'Open Call' Draws Governors, Prospective Vendors 4 weeks ago
- $21.5M Amazeum Opens in Bentonville 3 weeks ago