John Simone, the former CEO of LinkAmerica, was appointed president and CEO of the USA Truck Inc. of Van Buren in February 2013. Former CEO Cliff Beckham has returned to his previous role as the company's executive vice president and CFO, which he previously held from 2002 to 2007.
USA Truck has gone through a number of organizational changes since reporting the largest quarterly loss in company history in 2012. Simone was been hired to get the company back on track.
Simone said the foundation is in place for a strong company. He said the future of USA Truck doesn't have to be clouded by its recent struggles.
"I see very dedicated people that have a long tenure here and want to win. I see a company that has a good infrastructure and that is well positioned in the U.S., Canada and Mexico to be a leading provider," Simone said. "There are some fundamental issues that we’ll work on – operational excellence being one of them — and creating [USA Truck as] a destination of choice for drivers and non-driver employees."
USA Truck said Simone has 30 years of operational and management experience in the transportation industry and has worked for companies including UPS, Ryder, and Greatwide Logistics. Most recently, he was the CEO of LinkAmerica.
That previous experience — particularly in turning around underperforming companies — should help as he works improve USA Truck, Simone said.
"Most recently my last experience was a turnaround situation where it was very unstable operationally and required a lot of the same fixes that we’re talking about here today," Simone said.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale 21 hours ago
- A Wet State of Mind (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Three More Banks Sue Dennis Smiley Over Loans 2 days ago
- Judge Rules Martha Shoffner Corruption Conviction Will Stand 15 hours ago
- Mike Ross Bests Asa Hutchinson in Governor's Race Fundraising 16 hours ago