Bruce Oakley Inc.
In 1993, Oakley became president of the company his father founded as a commodities trading and distribution firm. Under his direction, Oakley Inc. expanded its trucking and barge transportation web. The company generated revenue exceeding $1 billion in 2012 before dropping 5 percent to $950 million in 2013 — still enough to be the state’s largest private transportation company and ninth-largest private company. In early 2014, Oakley bought Johnston’s Port 33 in Catoosa, Oklahoma, the largest private port on the Arkansas River.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Acxiom Asks Gov. Hutchinson to Veto HB1228 8 hours ago
- Jonesboro Developer Bruce Burrow's Pyrrhic Victory 1 day ago
- #HB1228 Advances to House, Could Come Up Tuesday 13 hours ago
- Return on Equity: Top 14 Performers Dot Arkansas 1 day ago
- #HB1228 Tests LGBT Economic Argument (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 1 day ago