Bruce Oakley Inc.
In 1993, Oakley became president of the company his father founded as a commodities trading and distribution firm. Under his direction, Oakley Inc. expanded its trucking and barge transportation web. The company generated revenue exceeding $1 billion in 2012 before dropping 5 percent to $950 million in 2013 — still enough to be the state’s largest private transportation company and ninth-largest private company. In early 2014, Oakley bought Johnston’s Port 33 in Catoosa, Oklahoma, the largest private port on the Arkansas River.
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Nightmare on Main Street (U.S. Reps. French Hill and Stephen Fincher Commentary) 15 hours ago
- Lawsuit, Liens Hit Scott Reed's Main Street Projects 2 days ago
- J.B. Hunt Sues Software Company 2 days ago
- Weighing Private Option Boost, Medicare Cuts To Scale Uncompensated Care 2 days ago
- State Chamber Investigation Follows Resignation of SVP Susie Marks 2 days ago