Bruce Oakley Inc.
In 1993, Oakley became president of the company his father founded as a commodities trading and distribution firm. Under his direction, Oakley Inc. expanded its trucking and barge transportation web. The company generated revenue exceeding $1 billion in 2012 before dropping 5 percent to $950 million in 2013 — still enough to be the state’s largest private transportation company and ninth-largest private company. In early 2014, Oakley bought Johnston’s Port 33 in Catoosa, Oklahoma, the largest private port on the Arkansas River.
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 5 days ago
- Maya Angelou's Art Collection is Headed to New York Auction 11 hours ago
- Fayetteville Businessman Gets 1 Year for Defrauding First Security Bank 10 hours ago
- Appeal Court Upholds Decision to Toss K. Vaughn Knight Convictions 3 days ago
- Ethics Commission to Investigate Complaint Against Milligan 1 day ago