Bruce Oakley Inc.
In 1993, Oakley became president of the company his father founded as a commodities trading and distribution firm. Under his direction, Oakley Inc. expanded its trucking and barge transportation web. The company generated revenue exceeding $1 billion in 2012 before dropping 5 percent to $950 million in 2013 — still enough to be the state’s largest private transportation company and ninth-largest private company. In early 2014, Oakley bought Johnston’s Port 33 in Catoosa, Oklahoma, the largest private port on the Arkansas River.
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Land in the Rock Program Helps Interns Connect, Plug Into City 6 days ago
- 2 Banks Join Arkansas Business' Largest Private Companies List 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 4 years ago
- 1836 Club Looking Forward to Lifetime of 'Sustainable' Luxury 1 day ago
- New KARK/KLRT Reporter Caitlin Rearden Expecting Little Rock Reunion 1 day ago