Bruce Oakley Inc.
In 1993, Oakley became president of the company his father founded as a commodities trading and distribution firm. Under his direction, Oakley Inc. expanded its trucking and barge transportation web. The company generated revenue exceeding $1 billion in 2012 before dropping 5 percent to $950 million in 2013 — still enough to be the state’s largest private transportation company and ninth-largest private company. In early 2014, Oakley bought Johnston’s Port 33 in Catoosa, Oklahoma, the largest private port on the Arkansas River.
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Mark Pryor Takes Job with Venable 18 hours ago
- Yellow Rocket Partners Aim to Build Restaurant Brands 2 days ago
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 2 days ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 2 days ago
- Tuckerman Couple Give $650K to Stadium Project at A-State 11 hours ago