Bruce Oakley Inc.
In 1993, Oakley became president of the company his father founded as a commodities trading and distribution firm. Under his direction, Oakley Inc. expanded its trucking and barge transportation web. The company generated revenue exceeding $1 billion in 2012 before dropping 5 percent to $950 million in 2013 — still enough to be the state’s largest private transportation company and ninth-largest private company. In early 2014, Oakley bought Johnston’s Port 33 in Catoosa, Oklahoma, the largest private port on the Arkansas River.
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Coming to You Live from 1 Shackleford Drive 2 days ago
- An Arkansas Solution to a National Problem (Davy Carter Commentary) 2 days ago
- South Carolina Firm Buys Bowman Shopping Centers for $7.1M 16 hours ago
- Arkansas Business' 25 Wealthiest Arkansans (25th Anniversary) 8 years ago
- SPONSORED: Goddess Office Products Thrives Versus Larger Competitors 2 days ago