George Makris Jr.
George Makris hit the acquisition trail running when he was named CEO-elect of Simmons in 2013 after serving as a director for 16 years: He quickly went on to buy Little Rock’s Metropolitan National Bank in a $53.6 million bankruptcy auction and struck a $66 million deal to purchase Delta Trust & Bank, a $243.4 million deal to acquire Community First Bancshares Inc. of Union City, Tennessee, and a $207 million deal to buy Liberty Bancshares Inc. of Springfield, Missouri. He grew up in his family’s Anheuser-Busch beer distributorship business in Pine Bluff while serving a dozen more years on local bank boards before joining publicly traded Simmons.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- SIG Sauer Finalizes Plans to Move to Jacksonville 1 day ago
- Oreos, Apple and Core Knowledge (Craig Douglass On Consumers) 4 days ago
- AEDC Opens Bids for Advertising Contracts 1 day ago
- Windstream Reports $232M 1Q Loss on Impairment Charge 5 hours ago
- Baptist Health Promotes 2 at North Little Rock Campus 1 day ago