George Makris Jr.
George Makris hit the acquisition trail running when he was named CEO-elect of Simmons in 2013 after serving as a director for 16 years: He quickly went on to buy Little Rock’s Metropolitan National Bank in a $53.6 million bankruptcy auction and struck a $66 million deal to purchase Delta Trust & Bank, a $243.4 million deal to acquire Community First Bancshares Inc. of Union City, Tennessee, and a $207 million deal to buy Liberty Bancshares Inc. of Springfield, Missouri. He grew up in his family’s Anheuser-Busch beer distributorship business in Pine Bluff while serving a dozen more years on local bank boards before joining publicly traded Simmons.
- Acxiom Cites Workforce 'Changes' Amid Layoff Reports
- Communications Sales & Leasing is Trading Now
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Holiday Inn Express Visited by $6M Deal (Real Deals) 8 hours ago
- Arkansas Personal Income Rises 3.1 Percent in 2014 2 weeks ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Leaders Deem AMS Innovation Summit A Success, Seek More Events 3 days ago
- Red Alert Media Matrix Makes New Offer for Rogers Archive 7 days ago