George Makris Jr.
George Makris hit the acquisition trail running when he was named CEO-elect of Simmons in 2013 after serving as a director for 16 years: He quickly went on to buy Little Rock’s Metropolitan National Bank in a $53.6 million bankruptcy auction and struck a $66 million deal to purchase Delta Trust & Bank, a $243.4 million deal to acquire Community First Bancshares Inc. of Union City, Tennessee, and a $207 million deal to buy Liberty Bancshares Inc. of Springfield, Missouri. He grew up in his family’s Anheuser-Busch beer distributorship business in Pine Bluff while serving a dozen more years on local bank boards before joining publicly traded Simmons.
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- Democrat-Gazette Cuts Include Columnists Fellone and Haymes 22 hours ago
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference 1 day ago
- Broadway Bridge to Reopen Next Week 3 hours ago
- Searcy Upgrades Infrastructure for Chance at New ‘Power Center' for Shopping 3 days ago
- Kristi Moody Named General Counsel of Windstream 1 day ago