George Makris Jr.
George Makris hit the acquisition trail running when he was named CEO-elect of Simmons in 2013 after serving as a director for 16 years: He quickly went on to buy Little Rock’s Metropolitan National Bank in a $53.6 million bankruptcy auction and struck a $66 million deal to purchase Delta Trust & Bank, a $243.4 million deal to acquire Community First Bancshares Inc. of Union City, Tennessee, and a $207 million deal to buy Liberty Bancshares Inc. of Springfield, Missouri. He grew up in his family’s Anheuser-Busch beer distributorship business in Pine Bluff while serving a dozen more years on local bank boards before joining publicly traded Simmons.
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 23 hours ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 7 months ago
- 5 Years Later, John Glasgow's Disappearance Still Unexplained 2 years ago
- Newk's Eatery Expanding to Northwest Arkansas 21 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago