George Makris Jr.
George Makris hit the acquisition trail running when he was named CEO-elect of Simmons in 2013 after serving as a director for 16 years: He quickly went on to buy Little Rock’s Metropolitan National Bank in a $53.6 million bankruptcy auction and struck a $66 million deal to purchase Delta Trust & Bank, a $243.4 million deal to acquire Community First Bancshares Inc. of Union City, Tennessee, and a $207 million deal to buy Liberty Bancshares Inc. of Springfield, Missouri. He grew up in his family’s Anheuser-Busch beer distributorship business in Pine Bluff while serving a dozen more years on local bank boards before joining publicly traded Simmons.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Third Walnut Ridge Defendant Gets Shorter Sentence, Co-Conspirators May Benefit 15 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Contributes to Statewide Deposit Growth 21 hours ago
- Stocks Say 'Nevermind'; Reverse Recent Losses as Banks Jump 15 hours ago
- Update: Brenda Montgomery Gets 57 Months in Prison for Lawrence County Bank Theft 2 days ago
- Group Asks State Supreme Court to Dismiss Challenge to Liability Proposal 15 hours ago