George Makris Jr.
George Makris hit the acquisition trail running when he was named CEO-elect of Simmons in 2013 after serving as a director for 16 years: He quickly went on to buy Little Rock’s Metropolitan National Bank in a $53.6 million bankruptcy auction and struck a $66 million deal to purchase Delta Trust & Bank, a $243.4 million deal to acquire Community First Bancshares Inc. of Union City, Tennessee, and a $207 million deal to buy Liberty Bancshares Inc. of Springfield, Missouri. He grew up in his family’s Anheuser-Busch beer distributorship business in Pine Bluff while serving a dozen more years on local bank boards before joining publicly traded Simmons.
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Happy #ARLEGValentines Day!
- Grand Jury Indicts 4 Tied to One Bank Loans to Alberto Solaroli 17 hours ago
- Beer Tourism Contributing to Growth in Industry 3 days ago
- Charles Morgan to Entrepreneurs: Surround Yourself with Good People 1 day ago
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List 3 days ago
- #ARWX: Flights Canceled at Little Rock Airport After Snowfall 3 hours ago