George Makris Jr.
George Makris hit the acquisition trail running when he was named CEO-elect of Simmons in 2013 after serving as a director for 16 years: He quickly went on to buy Little Rock’s Metropolitan National Bank in a $53.6 million bankruptcy auction and struck a $66 million deal to purchase Delta Trust & Bank, a $243.4 million deal to acquire Community First Bancshares Inc. of Union City, Tennessee, and a $207 million deal to buy Liberty Bancshares Inc. of Springfield, Missouri. He grew up in his family’s Anheuser-Busch beer distributorship business in Pine Bluff while serving a dozen more years on local bank boards before joining publicly traded Simmons.
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- First Arkansas Bank Sues NLR Businessman John Rogers for $14.2M 1 month ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Second Suit Names Closed Crittenden Regional Hospital 3 hours ago
- One Bank Takes Claims Against David Crews to Federal Bankruptcy Court 3 hours ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 3 hours ago