When last we compiled the Power List, B. Allen Sugg had announced his retirement after 21 years as president of the University of Arkansas System, but no successor had been named.
Now Donald Bobbitt will have his third anniversary in the job on Nov. 1, having come back to the UA from the University of Texas at Arlington, where he had spent three years as provost and vice president of academic affairs.
After earning a doctorate in chemistry from Iowa State University in 1985, Bobbitt was an assistant professor in the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the UA in Fayetteville and later dean of its J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- JB Hunt Buys Special Logistics Dedicated LLC for $136M 15 hours ago
- Paul Bookout Released from Prison 14 hours ago
- UCA Professor Finds CDL Training Eye-Opening 5 days ago
- Governor, Business Mark Phase One of A-State Innovation System 10 hours ago
- Hideaway Pizza Served in $3.2 Million Deal 5 days ago