When last we compiled the Power List, B. Allen Sugg had announced his retirement after 21 years as president of the University of Arkansas System, but no successor had been named.
Now Donald Bobbitt will have his third anniversary in the job on Nov. 1, having come back to the UA from the University of Texas at Arlington, where he had spent three years as provost and vice president of academic affairs.
After earning a doctorate in chemistry from Iowa State University in 1985, Bobbitt was an assistant professor in the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the UA in Fayetteville and later dean of its J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Sprint to Add Regional HQ in Little Rock, 100 Jobs by Year's End 2 days ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Board Endorses I-30 Plan 4 days ago
- Jacksonville Buildings to be Demolished Before $65M High School Construction 1 week ago
- MedExpress Double-Dose Buy Tops $4.4 Million (Real Deals) 7 days ago
- Wal-Mart's Greg Foran No. 1 In Exec Pay At $19.5M 5 months ago