When last we compiled the Power List, B. Allen Sugg had announced his retirement after 21 years as president of the University of Arkansas System, but no successor had been named.
Now Donald Bobbitt will have his third anniversary in the job on Nov. 1, having come back to the UA from the University of Texas at Arlington, where he had spent three years as provost and vice president of academic affairs.
After earning a doctorate in chemistry from Iowa State University in 1985, Bobbitt was an assistant professor in the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the UA in Fayetteville and later dean of its J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-Made Goods 2 days ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 3 days ago
- Dromborg Castle in Fayetteville for Sale — for $9.7M 3 days ago
- Asa Hutchinson Makes Appointments to Boards, Commissions 17 hours ago
- Walton Family Foundation Gives $250M to Charters in Little Rock, 16 Other Cities 2 days ago