When last we compiled the Power List, B. Allen Sugg had announced his retirement after 21 years as president of the University of Arkansas System, but no successor had been named.
Now Donald Bobbitt will have his third anniversary in the job on Nov. 1, having come back to the UA from the University of Texas at Arlington, where he had spent three years as provost and vice president of academic affairs.
After earning a doctorate in chemistry from Iowa State University in 1985, Bobbitt was an assistant professor in the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the UA in Fayetteville and later dean of its J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences.
Arkansas Business Staff
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Bentonville Urbanites Pick Pocket Community 6 days ago
- In Fort Smith, Developers Eye $5M Revamp of Historic Ward-Garrison Building 3 days ago
- Facebook Posts Raise Questions For Employers 6 days ago
- Tim Griffin to Lead Review of DHS 2 months ago
- Four Join List of 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas 2 years ago