When last we compiled the Power List, B. Allen Sugg had announced his retirement after 21 years as president of the University of Arkansas System, but no successor had been named.
Now Donald Bobbitt will have his third anniversary in the job on Nov. 1, having come back to the UA from the University of Texas at Arlington, where he had spent three years as provost and vice president of academic affairs.
After earning a doctorate in chemistry from Iowa State University in 1985, Bobbitt was an assistant professor in the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the UA in Fayetteville and later dean of its J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Nine Billionaires with Arkansas Ties Make Forbes 500 List
- Report: Maumelle Police Close Murder-Suicide Case Involving UALR Professor
- Grand Jury Indicts 4 Tied to One Bank Loans to Alberto Solaroli 2 days ago
- Acxiom, Twitter Expand Partnership 1 day ago
- Agent: US Prosecutor to Get Evidence About Searcy's Ex-Police Chief 8 hours ago
- McLarty Automotive Group Buys Missouri Dealership From Frank Fletcher 2 days ago
- BlueInGreen Announces North American Sales Expansion 8 hours ago