When last we compiled the Power List, B. Allen Sugg had announced his retirement after 21 years as president of the University of Arkansas System, but no successor had been named.
Now Donald Bobbitt will have his third anniversary in the job on Nov. 1, having come back to the UA from the University of Texas at Arlington, where he had spent three years as provost and vice president of academic affairs.
After earning a doctorate in chemistry from Iowa State University in 1985, Bobbitt was an assistant professor in the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the UA in Fayetteville and later dean of its J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences.
Arkansas Business Staff
- UCA Narrows President Applicants to 8
- Asa Hutchinson Weighs In On Trump Comments
- Waltons Among Forbes' Top 20 Richest
- A Power Line to Nowhere (Julie Morton Commentary) 1 week ago
- Rolling Hills Lesson: Caveat Emptor 1 decade ago
- Road Safety Goals Hit A Bump in Arkansas 1 week ago
- 'Razorback Nation' Anchor Resigns After Mixing Medication and Alcohol 5 days ago
- McLarty Capital Partners, USDA Launch Private Investment Fund 7 days ago