When last we compiled the Power List, B. Allen Sugg had announced his retirement after 21 years as president of the University of Arkansas System, but no successor had been named.
Now Donald Bobbitt will have his third anniversary in the job on Nov. 1, having come back to the UA from the University of Texas at Arlington, where he had spent three years as provost and vice president of academic affairs.
After earning a doctorate in chemistry from Iowa State University in 1985, Bobbitt was an assistant professor in the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the UA in Fayetteville and later dean of its J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Acxiom Cites Workforce 'Changes' Amid Layoff Reports
- Communications Sales & Leasing is Trading Now
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Fouling a National River Is Bad for Business (Vic Snyder & Ed Bethune Commentary) 7 days ago
- Ben E. Keith Breaks Ground on $70M North Little Rock Center 3 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals Defers Gay Marriage Cases 4 days ago
- G.E. 'Butch' Rice Elected Chairman of Arkansas Trucking Association 3 days ago