When last we compiled the Power List, B. Allen Sugg had announced his retirement after 21 years as president of the University of Arkansas System, but no successor had been named.
Now Donald Bobbitt will have his third anniversary in the job on Nov. 1, having come back to the UA from the University of Texas at Arlington, where he had spent three years as provost and vice president of academic affairs.
After earning a doctorate in chemistry from Iowa State University in 1985, Bobbitt was an assistant professor in the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the UA in Fayetteville and later dean of its J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Prep Continues as David's Burgers Flips River Market Location 20 hours ago
- Aircraft Interior Solutions Awaits FAA Review of Innovative Seat 20 hours ago
- AEDC Names Jeff Moore Director of Marketing, Communications 10 hours ago
- Red Roof Inn Sale Tops $2.8 Million (Real Deals) 20 hours ago
- ABC Approves First Package Permits for Saline County Liquor Stores 20 hours ago