Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
A Wisconsin native with strong ties to Arkansas, Margaret Ellibee was hired in August 2012 to head the largest of Arkansas’ two-year community colleges.
After her parents retired to Heber Springs, the recent graduate of Iowa State University in Ames got a job teaching agriculture at Stuttgart High School. She earned a master’s degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and then she went to the Iowa Department of Education as an agricultural education consultant.
She returned to the University of Wisconsin in Madison for a doctorate in administration and eventually entered higher education in a vice presidential position at Waukesha County Technical College in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. That position was her springboard to the presidency of Pulaski Technical College, which has more than 10,000 students.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Baptist Health Sets Opening In Conway 2 days ago
- Chambers Bank Lands $2 Million Golden Judgment 2 days ago
- Little Rock Doctor Robert Barrow Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison 18 hours ago
- Johnny Allison Plays Market for Gains After Brexit 'Bank Sale' 2 days ago
- ‘Pokemon Go' and Social Marketing (Ross Cranford Expert Advice) 2 days ago