Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
A Wisconsin native with strong ties to Arkansas, Margaret Ellibee was hired in August 2012 to head the largest of Arkansas’ two-year community colleges.
After her parents retired to Heber Springs, the recent graduate of Iowa State University in Ames got a job teaching agriculture at Stuttgart High School. She earned a master’s degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and then she went to the Iowa Department of Education as an agricultural education consultant.
She returned to the University of Wisconsin in Madison for a doctorate in administration and eventually entered higher education in a vice presidential position at Waukesha County Technical College in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. That position was her springboard to the presidency of Pulaski Technical College, which has more than 10,000 students.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Coming to You Live from 1 Shackleford Drive 3 days ago
- Video: Driver Destroys Ten Commandments Monument at Arkansas Capitol 1 hour ago
- An Arkansas Solution to a National Problem (Davy Carter Commentary) 3 days ago
- South Carolina Firm Buys Bowman Shopping Centers for $7.1M 1 day ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Completes Corporate Restructuring 23 hours ago