Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
A Wisconsin native with strong ties to Arkansas, Margaret Ellibee was hired in August 2012 to head the largest of Arkansas’ two-year community colleges.
After her parents retired to Heber Springs, the recent graduate of Iowa State University in Ames got a job teaching agriculture at Stuttgart High School. She earned a master’s degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and then she went to the Iowa Department of Education as an agricultural education consultant.
She returned to the University of Wisconsin in Madison for a doctorate in administration and eventually entered higher education in a vice presidential position at Waukesha County Technical College in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. That position was her springboard to the presidency of Pulaski Technical College, which has more than 10,000 students.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- UPDATE: Four KARK Employees Fired In Video Aftermath; Nexstar VP Apologizes 7 years ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame: Dr. Joanna Seibert, Health Care Pioneer 6 days ago
- SPONSORED: Trucking Is Lifeline to the Nation 4 days ago
- Indian Mall Site in Jonesboro Sold to Memphis Group; Redevelopment Planned 2 days ago
- Digital Assets and Death (Katie Watson Expert Advice) 6 days ago