Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
A Wisconsin native with strong ties to Arkansas, Margaret Ellibee was hired in August 2012 to head the largest of Arkansas’ two-year community colleges.
After her parents retired to Heber Springs, the recent graduate of Iowa State University in Ames got a job teaching agriculture at Stuttgart High School. She earned a master’s degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and then she went to the Iowa Department of Education as an agricultural education consultant.
She returned to the University of Wisconsin in Madison for a doctorate in administration and eventually entered higher education in a vice presidential position at Waukesha County Technical College in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. That position was her springboard to the presidency of Pulaski Technical College, which has more than 10,000 students.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Arkansas Unemployment Drops to Record 3.7 Percent in February 1 day ago
- The Influencers: Darrin Williams of Southern Bancorp 6 days ago
- The Influencers: Michael Poore of the Little Rock School District 6 days ago
- Murphy Chief Roger Jenkins' Pay for 2016 Falls 40 Percent 1 day ago
- In E-Commerce Push, Wal-Mart Launches Investor Arm, Store No. 8 5 days ago