Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
A Wisconsin native with strong ties to Arkansas, Margaret Ellibee was hired in August 2012 to head the largest of Arkansas’ two-year community colleges.
After her parents retired to Heber Springs, the recent graduate of Iowa State University in Ames got a job teaching agriculture at Stuttgart High School. She earned a master’s degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and then she went to the Iowa Department of Education as an agricultural education consultant.
She returned to the University of Wisconsin in Madison for a doctorate in administration and eventually entered higher education in a vice presidential position at Waukesha County Technical College in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. That position was her springboard to the presidency of Pulaski Technical College, which has more than 10,000 students.
Arkansas Business Staff
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Today's Bank Named Receiver for Undercapitalized Allied Bank 1 day ago
- Nucor Corp. Plans New $230M Mill at Blytheville, 100 Jobs 4 days ago
- Batesville Impact Plan Living Up to Its Name 6 days ago
- Alumna Gives $1M to Support SAU Engineering Program 2 days ago
- A Mighty Good Road: The Decline and Fall of the Rock Island Railroad 4 years ago