Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
A Wisconsin native with strong ties to Arkansas, Margaret Ellibee was hired in August 2012 to head the largest of Arkansas’ two-year community colleges.
After her parents retired to Heber Springs, the recent graduate of Iowa State University in Ames got a job teaching agriculture at Stuttgart High School. She earned a master’s degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and then she went to the Iowa Department of Education as an agricultural education consultant.
She returned to the University of Wisconsin in Madison for a doctorate in administration and eventually entered higher education in a vice presidential position at Waukesha County Technical College in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. That position was her springboard to the presidency of Pulaski Technical College, which has more than 10,000 students.
Arkansas Business Staff
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 3 years ago
- Update: Gene Cauley's Death Ruled Suicide 2 weeks ago
- NFL's Darren McFadden Learns Lesson From Financial Fumble 2 weeks ago
- Tacos 4 Life to Open Restaurant in Little Rock 2 days ago
- Traveling the Globe in Search of Jobs (Mike Preston Commentary) 6 days ago