Pulaski Technical College
North Little Rock
A Wisconsin native with strong ties to Arkansas, Margaret Ellibee was hired in August 2012 to head the largest of Arkansas’ two-year community colleges.
After her parents retired to Heber Springs, the recent graduate of Iowa State University in Ames got a job teaching agriculture at Stuttgart High School. She earned a master’s degree at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, and then she went to the Iowa Department of Education as an agricultural education consultant.
She returned to the University of Wisconsin in Madison for a doctorate in administration and eventually entered higher education in a vice presidential position at Waukesha County Technical College in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. That position was her springboard to the presidency of Pulaski Technical College, which has more than 10,000 students.
Arkansas Business Staff
- UCA Narrows President Applicants to 8
- Asa Hutchinson Weighs In On Trump Comments
- Waltons Among Forbes' Top 20 Richest
- Allied Auction Saw More Banks Bid; Chambers Garnishes Golden's Last Paycheck 17 hours ago
- $2.8 Million Transaction Visits LR's Legacy Hotel (Real Deals) 17 hours ago
- No Surprise: Higher Pay Helps Attract, Retain Employees 17 hours ago
- Eldridge Aims to Unseat Boozman in Arkansas US Senate Race 10 hours ago
- Dozen Lawyers File Appeal in Holmes Sanction 17 hours ago